How can i get my 10mth old back to eating soilds? here recently she has been turning her nose at it and just wants a bottle

gjmom655

Asked by gjmom655 at 9:45 PM on Jul. 1, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Do you mean babyfood purees or table food? At that age I think my son was on nothing but table food and bottles cuz the purees just weren't interesting him anymore
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 9:47 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• As long as she is growing fine and is getting needed nutrients from her formula, I wouldn't press the matter. Give her just a bottle, but put a few finger foods - or foods she can dip her fingers in- at meal times and quietly remove them if she won't try them at this time.

Answer by Bmat at 9:47 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• If she's teethingv she may not want solids. Food before 1 is for fun not nutrtion. Also, if you've been giving her jar food switch yo table food, real fruit and veggie. Jar food is overcooked and bland.

Offer good food and meal share together (don't have separate mealtime for her) but don't worry if she won't eat. Food isn't a battle you want to start because you won't win.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 9:50 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• shes probably teething. just keep trying and when her mouth doesnt hurt as much, she will be ready to start eating them again.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 10:17 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Start offering different things. They can eat toast now. Small cut up pieces of cooked fruits and veggies. I make my own babyfood. My son is almost 9 months so I mix things together and don't puree it long. Or I puree one ingredient and mash another with a fork and mix them. Hope that makes sense. Also crackers are good when teething. Anything they can chew on and yet dissolves is great.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 11:13 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Keep offering a variety of fork mashed foods. Sometimes babies don't like the textures. If your baby starts losing weight it is time to worry. Occupational therapists can help if your baby has tactile issues with textures.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 5:05 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I was going to ask if she was teething too. My 9 month old did the same thing a couple weeks ago. She would not touch any food and only wanted to nurse, a couple days later a few teeth popped up.

lilysmom2607

Answer by lilysmom2607 at 7:55 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Is it baby food or table food? If it is baby food try giving her some table food. DD is 10 mo and is on all table food
    Nicsone

Answer by Nicsone at 2:00 PM on Jul. 2, 2010