Would it be tacky to invite friends I have not seen in a year to my baby shower?

I loved my old neighborhood and made many friend there. A little over a year ago I moved about ten minutes away. I have not seen many of these friend since then. Do you think it would be tacky to invite them to my baby shower?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:53 PM on Jul. 1, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I'd invite them :)
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 9:54 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• no, not at all. if you still consider them 'friends', do it. i'm sure they'd love to know what's going on with you, and really, 10mins away isn't far at all. they always have the option to not come, and they just may surprise you by coming! it would be good to catch up, eh?
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:55 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• i haven't seen my childhood friend in 7 years and I was invited to her baby shower. I don't think its tacky you jsut have an event where you can reconnect with someone and celebrate your little coming to the world.
    Claudiomom

Answer by Claudiomom at 9:56 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Id invite them as well :) You may be able to rekindle some old friendships :)
    tanya777

Answer by tanya777 at 9:56 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• definately invite them!
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 12:10 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• It's always tacky to invite people to give you things.

Call them up, and invite them over for dinner.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:32 AM on Jul. 2, 2010