what would stop you from seeing a chiropractor or homeopath for a medical issue?

happy2bmom25

Asked by happy2bmom25 at 9:56 PM on Jul. 1, 2010 in Health

• Love my chiro. For years, I wouldn't go because our insurance wouldn't cover it. They still don't but I found one who offers a great discounted rate and doesn't milk the situation by having me come in for unnecessary adjustments. If I'm feeling out of whack, I schedule an appointment and it usually only takes a few sessions (2-4) to feel normal again. I only go about once a year.

I'd love to find a homeopath too but haven't had any luck with that. I know our insurance wouldn't cover that either.
    FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 8:00 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Insurance usually doesn't cover it, which makes no sense to me.
    LittleWeloosMom

Answer by LittleWeloosMom at 9:58 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I have only ever been to a chiropractor once and he scared me off! lol He was super creepy and kept talking to my chest. I really haven't ever had that happen before. I left and never went back. Makes me nervous to try a different one, I guess.
    DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 10:00 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Not to much. I have gone though a few Chrios that I wasn't happy with. One required X-Rays at every apt, another was just creepy and I didn't want his hands on me... As for Homeopaths, I would only use someone who I could prove was experienced and good at what they did.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:01 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Insurance and inappropriate touching. My ex is a chiropractor and has taken advantage of some of his patients by touching or looking places he shouldnt. if your kids go to one be sure to go in the room with them. This is one of the many reasons we arent together
    TheFoo

Answer by TheFoo at 10:04 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• thefoo-that is sad, sorry, but glad you are out of the marriage!
    sabrina-sorry you had bad experiences! xrays each visit is horrendous!
    diggiscrapper-sorry about the creep!

my dh is a chiropractor, but he is great...and he has friends that are chiropractors and they are great!
    really, they change people's lives forever! i find it amazing. and i have seen amazing things with homeopaths too, i just wish more people would try alternative medicines!
    happy2bmom25

Comment by happy2bmom25 (original poster) at 10:25 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I lucked out!  The first time I ever went to a chiropractor, I got a good one.  My dh and I have been going to him regularly for about 5 years now.  We have a good relationship with him and he gave me back my quality of life.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 11:50 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• i wish insurance covered these things!
    some cover chiropractic and acupuncture!
    happy2bmom25

Comment by happy2bmom25 (original poster) at 9:59 AM on Jul. 2, 2010