Are you staying home or going out of town for the 4th?

We decided to stay home this year and have a very quiet 4th, no one visiting, not going to anoyones house. we are jsut going to BBQ witht he kids then go to the park for the fireworks. We are only buying sparklers this year and nothing else. Last year we had a huge party and had lots of fun but this year we all wanted something a bit more quiet.

So what are your plans?

3_ring_circus_

Asked by 3_ring_circus_ at 10:28 PM on Jul. 1, 2010 in Holidays

• this will be the first year we don't spend it with my family, bbq-ing or pooling. we just moved 4hrs away, and well,..we know no one. so we'll try to hit up the local fireworks show at the lake close by, and call it a day!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 10:29 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• going up to nj to visit my family!
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:30 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• It is our sons third birthday so we are going to my parents a couple hours away for a bbq/birthday party/ 4th of July celebration. Our son thinks all the fireworks are to celebrate his birthday! :)
    momto1girl3boys

Answer by momto1girl3boys at 10:30 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• we are staying home. hubby's parents are coming here though. lucky me.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 10:30 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• We might make hamburgers at home, and take the kids to see the fireworks at the river.
    DrJChappell

Answer by DrJChappell at 10:30 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• We're staying home and having a cookout. We'll swim and eat, light a sparkler or two. Good times!
    CaseyErin

Answer by CaseyErin at 10:32 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• We are staying home. Hopefully we will get together with some family and do fireworks. Will be my sons first time seeing them!:)
    giovannismom19

Answer by giovannismom19 at 10:35 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• For the first time in yrs I have made plans and we are going camping and wouldn't you know it, 3 other people want us to do something! if I had not made plans nothing would happen...
    togo90210

Answer by togo90210 at 10:40 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• We are staying home. We may BBQ here at home with some friends but we are not going out of town.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 10:54 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• We will be going over to my sister-in-law's house for steaks, coconut cake & fireworks! The usual for our family!
    AshMicGar

Answer by AshMicGar at 11:38 PM on Jul. 1, 2010