Any tips for selling on Ebay?

My son is outgrowing his Thomas the train stuff. I would like to sell it on ebay but it has been so long since I have sold anything on there. Can you give me some tips and pointers?Thanks in Advance!

JeremysMom

Asked by JeremysMom at 10:45 PM on Jul. 1, 2010 in Money & Work

• I would try Craglist as well, but on ebay take clear pictures and give the best description as possible, box things well and if you don't have a scale take it to the USPS and have it weighed, then use the shipping calculator. Start the bidding at the minimum you'll accept for the lot....and look on ebay for similiar lots and research what they are going for.

My son has probably several thousand dollars worth of thomas stuff, what isn't worn out....or colored on....is still worth a hefty hunk of change as most any Thomas track and trains are....but i'm saving them for awhile, I think these items in very good to excellent condition will only be worth more as they are retired and not easily found.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 12:05 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Be really sure of the shipping. use the farthest zipcode and be sure of the weight before you post
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:49 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• If it's been awhile, I suggest you study up on the new rules and regulations. They have made some important changes over the past year or so. I agree with above, just make sure you are pretty accurate with shipping rates.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:39 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• The CafeMom eBay sellers group is one of the oldest, and is filled with wise women: http://www.cafemom.com/group/48

Answer by rkoloms at 7:27 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Don't! LOL I prefer craigslist.
    Mommy_0f_many

Answer by Mommy_0f_many at 10:39 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I use the flat rate boxes from the PO. Whatever fits in the box ships for a flat rate depending on the size of the box. You can see them at the USPS website or your local PO. I sell a lot on eBay and I always check the completed listings in Advanced Search to see what things actually sold for. Good luck!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 3:25 PM on Jul. 2, 2010