I gave up makeup, what did you give up??.. :)

So, my family is a lower income household. About 4 years ago, we found out that we were expecting our second daughter. So to save money, I stopped buying alot of extras. Cut back on clothes purchases, shoes, etc. But I completely stopped purchasing make-up. Every now and then my mother in law will give me some eyeliner or mascara that she does not like, and I will just wear that that for like special occasions or job interviews. But once it is old, I throw it out and do not buy new. Then she may give me more later, and so it goes in a circle as such. I have went so long not buying makeup, that it is no where in the home budget to even purchase any if I even wanted to. (I even sold Avon for a while and never bought any lol). I don't really miss wearing make up too much, I don't really feel I need it. But I miss having that expense that was just for me, lol You know?.....SO.....What did you give up for financial reasons or why?

BabyBeans0506

Asked by BabyBeans0506 at 10:55 PM on Jul. 1, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Renting movies, I used to like every weekend.
    Also I completely gave up getting my hair done professionally. I used to get my hair dyed every 4 weeks at 80-90$ and I havent gotten it done since my babyshower. I have not gotten a mani/pedi/full set in years either. Those are a waste of money I see now, but I do miss being pampered.
    sassy_brizzy

Answer by sassy_brizzy at 10:58 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Everything. Literally...we don't buy anything extra.
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 11:02 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• New clothes. I dont think I have bought a stitch in 2 years...
    aSoldierSWifE44

Answer by aSoldierSWifE44 at 10:58 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• we are saving up to buy our dream house ...... so we hardly go out as much -- I use to go out shopping or out to lunch with my mom and aunts atleast 1-3 times a week and now it hardly ever happens...
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 11:05 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• New books. Now, I either buy used or swap online.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 11:06 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Diapers. We use cloth now. And before that it was clothing. I just buy cheap Walmart stuff. I'm a SAHM anyways, so it's not like I need anything right now. Anything nice I wear to church was from before babies!
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 11:08 PM on Jul. 1, 2010