i think what im going through is contractions

im having this pain in my back and and my tummy as it tightens and i dont know how far apart they are cause we were home i know this happen 3 times in 7 mins and i called L&D and they said to see if they dont stop in a hour then go in

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:00 PM on Jul. 1, 2010 in Pregnancy

• it sounds like contractions. to time them you just note the time the pain begins, and then you can judge how far apart they are from there. but yes, if you're having contractions for a hour you need to go to l&d and if the contractions are in a pattern i would notify your ob too
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 11:02 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• if you are not full term (37 weeks) drink a couple large glasses of water and lay on your left side, go in if they don't stop. If you are full term, just keep track of how far apart they are and go in after the hour like l&d says.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 1:16 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I would start timing them and if they get closer go to the doctor. If you are really worried about it you can always go to the emergancy room.
    krismohl

Answer by krismohl at 1:50 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• it definitely sounds like contractions to me. i would go in if i were you
    sunshine2219

Answer by sunshine2219 at 4:52 PM on Jul. 2, 2010