how long was it before you went back to work after having a baby

mOmMyWiFeNuRsE3

Asked by mOmMyWiFeNuRsE3 at 11:00 PM on Jul. 1, 2010 in General Parenting

• never went back haha
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 11:02 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• 10 weeks.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:03 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• My shortest was a little over 2 mos, my longest was 8 months however, I had c-sections AND, all my kids had to stay in the NICU after birth one for almost 3 months then agia for 2 weeks and one for 5 weeks. My last one only had to stay a day but then we had to bring him back and forth for his bilirubin check daily.
    mom2priceboys

Answer by mom2priceboys at 11:04 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• My son is 2 and 3 months now and Im starting a new job tomorrow (its only part time though). I did work once before this but it was just for seasonal work when he was around 1 y/o.
    xxMasonsMommaxx

Answer by xxMasonsMommaxx at 11:06 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Our first child, I had no other choice but to go back in 2 weeks. My second child, I went back after 2 months, but after a year I quit and have been home ever since. It's been two years.
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 11:12 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• My oldest was 2 1/2 when I went back to work, my middle son was 11 months and my youngest son was 15 months. I love the year of mat leave we get here in Canada, I can't imagine having to leave my baby whose age is still counted in weeks. I don't know how you ladies do it.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 11:13 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I was working from home after two weeks, part time in the office at four weeks, full time at 12 weeks (and breastfed for 23 months)

Answer by rkoloms at 7:04 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• 9 weeks with my first (though I felt great and could've gone back the next day ... but I didn't!!!).

I wasn't working full-time with my second, just doing some consulting work and going to school. She was a C-section baby and had to spend 6 weeks in the NICU so I didn't choose any projects at that time. I needed to recover and needed to be there for her so I took about 3 months off and then finished up my schooling. My husband had a lot of flexibility in his schedule (there was no family leave) so he really helped us all get through it.
    FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 7:48 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• 5 weeks with my first

I am home with my second now. I'll have been home 3.5 months when I return to work.
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 2:16 PM on Jul. 2, 2010