Why is it that a 5 yr old never hears what youwnt them to but hears everything that you don't wan them to

My daughter will ignor me until i am blue in the face but if iam talking to someone else then she hears every word i say?

crzylife4momof2

Asked by crzylife4momof2 at 11:05 PM on Jul. 1, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• LOL same goes for 3 & 4 year olds ;o)
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 11:05 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• kids are smart they know exactly what they are doing (those little sponges)
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 11:06 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• my daughter is like that too .. when me and my mom are having a grown up convo... we will always say something like.. " we will talk later because bunny big ears is here" ... and now my daughter knows what we mean when we say that and gets mad lol
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 11:08 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• OH, MY GOSH, I MARRIED A FIVE YEAR OLD!!!
    MamaRae85

Answer by MamaRae85 at 11:16 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I know!!! Just this morning too!!! So, makes me holler louder and that just makes me more angrier...NO REASON for it! but she could hear a pin drop and ask me what that was!!! Unbelievable!
    ShelbysHope

Answer by ShelbysHope at 10:57 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• My NINE year old still acts like this!! Tell him to clean his room, pick his clothes up off the floor or take out the trash and it's like talking to a wall. Then when I repeat myself and start getting upset he says "OKAY!" like "Gosh mom why do you keep repeating yourself?" But once I'm having a grown up convo, here he comes "What mom? What happened? Who said that?"
    nmmama09

Answer by nmmama09 at 1:08 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• My five year old is like that. He knows what he is doing. He is very intelligent and has good understanding. He knows he is wrong!
    missmarla1

Answer by missmarla1 at 8:04 PM on Jul. 3, 2010

• My twenty plus "kids" are like this-hubby calls it hard of listening,LOL
    higherboundmom

Answer by higherboundmom at 11:24 PM on Jul. 3, 2010