• In the Spotlight:

Should I ask him to stay home

I have a broken foot as of a week 1/2 ago. I am on crutches and cannot drive. I am needing my husband to get a few groceries and need help getting in and out of the shower,etc. He is suppose to be in a fishing tournament this weekend and I am wanting to ask him not to leave until I am situated. My family will not be available to help this weekend, so I will be at home by myself with our daughter. He is suppose to leave super early in the morning, and we don't even have milk! If he heads out the door without making sure I am set up for THREE days on a broke foot, should I ask him to stay home or what??? The tournament is an hour away so if something happened I would be in a pickle.

MissMeredith

Asked by MissMeredith at 11:16 PM on Jul. 1, 2010 in Relationships

• he shouldnt even want to go!
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:17 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I would ask him not to go until he's gotten everything ready for you...He should've thought of that anyway.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:18 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• ask him nicely to make sure you are set for the 3days. I understand your're a little bit helpless (just a tad) but I don't see why you both can't have your way =)
    FITmama2B

Answer by FITmama2B at 11:19 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I would definitely ask him not to go
    and I agree, he shouldn't be OK with going either! He should want to stay home and help you!
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 11:19 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• No he should not go. You are going to have to tell him that you are really helpless right now and as bad as you feel asking you can't do it alone. I had a broken ankle and was in the same boat just about and had to have my in laws who are NOT my favorite people come over and it was pure torture, yet I couldn't be alone with my daughter.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 11:20 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I would have him go to the store for me is all, but I wouldn't mind him going.
    Tes...Jacksmami

Answer by Tes...Jacksmami at 11:23 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Just make a list of the thing you'll need, to get by w/out him, instead of asking him to stay home, and have him help you in the shower before he leaves - your daughter won't care if you smell a bit later in the week-end :)

And once on your own you will realise a bunch of stuff you thought you couldn't do, you acctually can, when you have to, and what you can't won't be that important anyway - U'll C :)

Have a good week-end, and it'll be ok :)
    Nynne

Answer by Nynne at 11:24 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• He should make sure you have what you will need or not go at all!!
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 2:31 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Couldn't you guys tough it out and just order in those nights? I understand you needing him to do those things but that tournament may be super special or important to him and while you are more important I think asking may cause some tension... But in all seriousness, I'd totally do the easy basic necessities like milk, eggs, bread... and then order out for the rest...
    RyleighsMoM3505

Answer by RyleighsMoM3505 at 6:41 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Just have him go to the store and get the things you need before he leaves. You will be alright for a few days.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 8:00 AM on Jul. 2, 2010