Would you buy Avon?

So I was thinking of opening an online Avon store, but was wondering if I would have a hard time finding a cutomer base... So I thought why not start with my lovely ladies right here at CafeMom... So here is the question. If I were to go threw with it do you think any of you lovely ladies would look to me for your Avon needs? Do I have any custemers my fellow mommys?

candlefire22

Asked by candlefire22 at 11:20 PM on Jul. 1, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I did this back in March. I live in a small area, and thought it would be easy to just open up an online store and invite all my cafemom friends, and Facebook friends. I thought I would have a ton of support. However it turned out I opened the store and no one ever went. I don't blame anyone for never purchasing- I understand financial issues and etc. I just wanted to respond and say I never had any luck with this, hopefully if you decide to go through with it- it works out better for you. Good Luck! :)
    BabyBeans0506

Answer by BabyBeans0506 at 12:05 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Before buying or selling any body care products, it is important to check the safety of the ingredients. I like the Skin Deep database maintained by the Environmental Working Group (the folks who publish the guide to pesticides in produce). www.cosm eticsdatabase.com

Avon and Mary Kay, among others, make a big public show of their support of breast cancer research and victims, yet refuse to stop using cancer causing ingredients in their products.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:01 AM on Jul. 2, 2010