Would you sell your engagement ring?

If money got tight and the money would REALLY help, would you sell it? I thought seriously about it, it was my hubby that objected. But I asked him "Does it mean we're any less married if I sell it? Does it mean we're any less in love? And wouldn't life be less stressful for us?" He got it, but said ONLY if it got REALLY bad.

And we can always sell his PS3 first.

MamaRae85

Asked by MamaRae85 at 11:23 PM on Jul. 1, 2010 in Relationships

• if it was between my ring and feeding my children, I would feed my children.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 1:59 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• the ps3 would be out the door before my ring.
    Tes...Jacksmami

Answer by Tes...Jacksmami at 11:24 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Never, it has too much sentimental value.  I plan on bequeathing my rings to my daughters.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 11:36 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I thought about it once, too. I was like it's a mortgage payment! He seemed hurt I would think about it.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 11:24 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• if I had to I would...
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 11:25 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• NO, that ring isn't just a meterial object on your fingers it's a symbol of his love for you... and you wouldn't get what it's worth for it.. and when the money is finally there you're gonna regret it... sell everything... the blender, the tv, the vacume..... don't sell the ring
    FITmama2B

Answer by FITmama2B at 11:26 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• No, even though it is not a big flashy ring it does mean a lot to me.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 12:13 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I would... if I had one...
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 11:23 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I was married before. I gave my now husband the rings to "trade up" when he was looking for an engagement ring. Obviously we had already discussed marriage. But I would never trade this ring. If something were to even happen between us, I think I would save it to pass down to one of my children for their marriage. And even if money got sooo tight, I would never part with it. It is symbolic.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 11:25 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Never, I know he put a lot of thought into it, it's priceless. Off topic but it's a good think men's rings aren't as nice, my husband lost his on a canoe trip and had to get a new one.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 11:29 PM on Jul. 1, 2010