My SIL wants to name her baby the same as mine...

My new SIL ( who is stuck up and refuses to have a relationship with anyone in the family...even though we have tried because we are actually a very close knit family) .....Anyways we are both due at almost the same time and both have little boys I have always planned on naming my son Carson ... and she said ( after seeing the nursery where Carson is painted on the wall) ... she announced she is naming her son Karson ... My brother has even said he doesnt want to name the baby that but he is deployed and it is very doubtful he will be here for the birth and she said it doesnt matter because it is HER baby and that is what she is naming him..it has got to the point where she has actually threatned me and has called me a B**** because I wont change that name that I chose FIRST

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:25 PM on Jul. 1, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Wow, that's nuts. Out of all the cute boy names and she has to pick yours and thinks by spelling it with a "K" makes it different apparently. Maybe you should find a "cuter" name, and maybe she will snatch it. Then, you can have your Carson and she can have Jacob or Edward or whatever is popular these days. Or if you wanna get really sneaky, have someone tell her they think that Carson is a dumb name ( no offense, I actually really like it ) and maybe she will change her mind. Wow, I feel a little devilish. Hope it works out for you.
    MissMeredith

Answer by MissMeredith at 11:33 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Wow! What a selfish b#tch. She needs to choose a new name. Who does stuff like this.
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 11:27 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Omg. I would straight up tell her to kiss my freaking ass and there is no way in hell I would be changing the name that I chose FIRST and she copied. I would also tell her that everyone will be informed that she copied the name I chose. Hopefully she'll just change it for the sake of being embarassed of everyone knowing she stole the name you wanted. Who is due first, you or her? I'd make damn sure I'd have my baby before her. Hahaha
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 11:31 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• bumpGirl, Here's hoping you have yours first! I doubt she will really name hers that if you have already had the baby and named it.

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:35 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Didn't you say you already have it painted on the wall???
    I say this woman needs to be completely ignored! Don't even get into a conversation about this with her. You have no control over what she does, and she will name her kid whatever she wants, let that go.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 11:30 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I hate to say it... sad but true..... it's HER baby not yours... and the name of the baby will depend on her and her husband... I think you should just be the bigger person and brush it off.. shows class.. so what if they have the same name.. you arnt the first person who thought of the name carson and you wont be the last
    FITmama2B

Answer by FITmama2B at 11:31 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• You ignore her, and let your brother worry about what HIS baby is named.
    Tes...Jacksmami

Answer by Tes...Jacksmami at 11:32 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Just name your baby Carson end of story I usually stay away from people like that. GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 11:32 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• You name your baby Carson, that's it. You don't wanna change it, because for the rest of your life you say to yourself "I always wanted to name him Carson, UNTIL......" etc. Don't let one crappy woman ruin this awesome experience for you! :) GL
    BabyBeans0506

Answer by BabyBeans0506 at 11:56 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• im sorry that sucks sooo bad and i know how u feel. when i was prego with my first we decided micheal for a boy(which is what i had) or zoe for a girl, i have always liked that name, well my sil named her daughter that, we had micheal and zoe about the same time. i was sooo pissed cause i wanted to have that name for future daughter
    gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 11:58 PM on Jul. 1, 2010