Has anyone had Cervical Dysplasia

My OB thinks i may have this due to some symptoms i have been having, and the fact that my mom and her sister had it. My mom was 22 when she found out she had it and 24 when she had to have a hysterectomy. Im 23 now and i am scared to death i have it. I have been TTC for 5 years and now may never have children of my own. So if you have/ had this what all have you did for it? I am so scared my pap is going to come back saying i have this. I just dont know what to do.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:27 PM on Jul. 1, 2010 in Health

• I did have this or maybe still do .. i had surgery on july 2nd to have the precancerous cells removed and so far i feel great and i go back on july 20th to make sure it is all gone. Good Luck!!
    ashleym1318

Answer by ashleym1318 at 11:34 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I had it and it was no big deal at all.It scared me to death too, though. All it is is an abnormal growth of cells on your cervix. I had a pap come back abnormal, and they said that there were "pre-cancerous" cells or cervical dysplasia. All I had to do was go in, they froze them off, and that was over 5 years ago and I've never had an abnormal pap since. Abnormal cells, or pre-cancerous cells just mean that if left alone for years, they MIGHT develop into cancer. What freaked me out was that when I looked this up, it said that this is often a result of HPV, but when they tested me for HPV, I don't have it. It doesn't mean that you can't have children...I had my son after having that. If your mom had to have a hysterectomy due to this, she must have had a VERY bad case, and I doubt you do, especially at your age. Try not to worry. I worried myself sick for nothing. Just go to the doctor, and they'll take care of it. :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:35 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I had it too but kept up with my paps so I guess that is what helps it too. now my paps don't always come normal but my gyno says to don't worry it is common as we woman get older oh and I had this CD before I had my 2 kids so don't worry about it pray about it and you' ll be fine and soon you will have your kids. ;) GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 11:40 PM on Jul. 1, 2010