I need some new music! Help!

I really like classic rock: Led Zeppelin, The Beatles. Alternative/Grunge from the 90's: Nirvana(not just popular, but the rough edgy stuff, too. The stuff Kurt liked.), The Breeders, The Smashing Pumpkins, STP, lots of the one-hit-wonders from this genre in this time period.
I also have a deep love for hip hop as well. Hip hop with what I think is more rap. Examples: Jay Z, Kanye(but not his theatrics), Mos Def, Dr Dre, Snoop Dogg, Eve, Missy Elliot, ppl who tend to mention authenticity, fashion(a weakness of mine:P) and pride from where they come from.

I feel silly spelling all this out, but I need some new music bad! So, if you like any of these or similar, can you suggest some more contemporary artists and songs. I am seriously too out of touch for a 27 year old who LOVES music

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:28 PM on Jul. 1, 2010 in Entertainment

• Rhiannon-Stevie Nicks
    Imma be-Black eyed peas
    Hook-Blues Traveler
    Kiss Off-Violent Femmes
    Untouchable Face-Ani Difranco
    You Get what you give-New Radicals
    Cooler than me-Mike Posner
    Sing For You -Tracy Chapman

Hope this helps;)
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 11:41 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Im not sure if you will like these but Im going to suggest them anyway, who knows you may find that you like them.. Lol. Its a local band in my area and I think theyre amazing.. Theyre called Pasadena. www.myspace.com/pasadenamusic. & You can also find alot of their songs on www.youtube.com/freestatework along w/ alot of other great bands. :) Oh & also if youre into hip hop, have you tried listening to Atmosphere?
    xxMasonsMommaxx

Answer by xxMasonsMommaxx at 11:42 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Have you tried plugging some of those bands into Pandora.com? They'll recommend music based on what other bands/artists you enjoy. Also, you and I have some musical common ground (though I HATE hip-hop) and you can check the playlist on my homepage for some of the bands I like that you may or may not be familiar with. Good luck--I know how it feels to be "out of touch". As I've gotten older and my life's gotten so much busier, I just don't have the time to seek out new music the way I used to.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 8:58 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Seether!!!
    heathermarie32

Answer by heathermarie32 at 12:40 AM on Jul. 3, 2010