Can you give me interview tips?

I have went to a lot of interviews and the jobs have always went to other applicants that were more experienced then me. SO, this is becoming more discouraging then anything! Can anyone give me tips to get through my interviews and not let the discouragement take over and make me look like a big o' dummy in the interview?

BabyBeans0506

Asked by BabyBeans0506 at 11:34 PM on Jul. 1, 2010 in Money & Work

• Make sure you are cleaned up and dressed very nicely. I always wear a nice pair of black dress pants with a dress shirt. I make sure all my tats are covered (have a tiny daisy on the back of my neck so i keep my hair down). Have nails painted a light shade (nothing flashy or dramatic) Keep make up cute but simple.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 11:38 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Yes. Listen carefully to what they tell you about the job. Try to ask a few questions pertaining to what they have told you about the job. Look them straight in the eyes during the interview. At the end, shake their hand and tell them straight up, you feel you are perfect for the job!! Dress nice and professionally, but according to the job, do not overdress. You never want to be dressed better than the person doing the interviewing.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:37 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• ditto what m-avi said:)
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 11:39 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Lots of good suggestions. One more tip don't wear perfume. Some people are sensitive to smells.

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 11:42 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Know the history of the company, and be able to talk about it. like "I think its great your company is doing the going green plan"...whatever their website has on the main page
    BrittanyD07

Answer by BrittanyD07 at 11:44 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Research the job and company ahead of time. When they ask you if you have any questions, Have one! I agree with worriedmommy and m-avi. But I have a few more. Smile, pause slightly to think before you answer a question, avoid 'hmmmm' and 'uhhh'. Good luck!
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 11:45 PM on Jul. 1, 2010