dd and I watched, "Gone with the wind", has your kid ever endured one of your fav movies?

dd is 17 and I really wanted her to see my favorite movie. I think she was shocked that a movie could actually go for 4 solid hours,,,what a trooper! Dont worry, Im taking her to see Eclipse tomorrow

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:44 PM on Jul. 1, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Star Wars and LotR movies, but he doesn't mind those. The more serious ones I'll give him a few years, or at least wait til he does something really bad.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:48 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I watched Gone with the Wind with my mom when I was like 9 and I loved it. I think my daughter will have to be much., much older (like 19) before I let her watch my favorite movie. It is A Clockwork Orange. Most people find it very disturbing, I love the movie and can watch it everyday.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 11:48 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• HAHAHA I can't even get DH to sit through all of Clockwork.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:50 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Definitely. My youngest daughter became so interested in older movies, such as Gone with the Wind, Meet Me in St. Louis, and even Wizard of Oz. It's fun to think of old ones and then watch them together!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:54 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• yes ,GWTW is my all time fave movie we own it in beta ,vhs,dvd and blue ray.They will have to pry any copy I own out of my cold dead hand.Yes all my children have seen it .Do they want food ,clothes,allowance well they know what they have to do.LOL Last year I was quite ill and after I came home I was still sickly so the 3 still at home and their dad watched all of GWTW with me one Sun afternoon/early eve.They actually liked it though don't feel the need to see it over and over and over       haha

drfink

Answer by drfink at 12:05 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I made my daughter watch Casablanca

Answer by rkoloms at 6:49 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• My teen daughters actually enjoy watching "The Stand" and "Storm of the Century." Both movies were based on Stephen King books and I watched each one once or twice, but to sit through them for hours at a time like my daughters do is crazy! "The Stand" is 6 hours long and "Storm of the Century" is 4 hours long. I love my Stephen King, but I prefer the books to the movies....LOL.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 8:30 AM on Jul. 2, 2010