Theme for 1st birthday party?

My 11 month old is OBSESSED with dogs. I was thinking about doing a dog theme for his 1st birthday party. Just like decorations and stuff with puppies on them or something. Would that be tacky since he's not even going to remember it? What did you do for your child's first?

Ash9724

Asked by Ash9724 at 11:48 PM on Jul. 1, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Not tacky at all, hun :) He'll recognize the dog on the cake and that's priceless :)
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 11:53 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I think it is a cute idea. I did a princess theme for my daughters first birthday and did animal from the muppets for my sons birthday
    Decker

Answer by Decker at 11:49 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I think it's super cute. Here is a 1st birthday puppy theme pack

http://www.amazon.com/Puppies-Birthday-Standard-Party-Supplies/dp/B003SNSKQC

We did a John Deer 1st birthday theme, it was super cute.
    GavinsMommii

Answer by GavinsMommii at 11:53 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• We did a Ladybug Picnic. I think dogs will be cute.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 11:54 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I think it is a cute idea. For my son's 1st birthday we did a dog theme. I order the stuff from 1st wishes at birthday express. For my 1st daughter's 1st birthday it was ladybug theme. For my second daughter's 1st birthday which is coming up soon it will be cupcake theme
    missiedoo

Answer by missiedoo at 12:22 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• We are doing a Seasme Street theme. It's more for us than him so I am doing what I want to do.
    kh717

Answer by kh717 at 7:14 AM on Jul. 2, 2010