my daughter passed away in january of 2010. i am wanting another baby. is it to soon?

katiesmommy603

Asked by katiesmommy603 at 12:00 AM on Jul. 2, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• No it's not too soon if you are ready. Good luck!
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 12:00 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• If you and your DH is ready, and your OB/doc thinks your body is ready - then it's not too soon at all.
    Best of luck to you, and I'm so very sorry for your loss. :'[
    ManicMomma02

Answer by ManicMomma02 at 12:01 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I don't think it's too soon physically but it's up to you and your husband if it's too soon emotionally. There are many who try to conceive within a year of losing a child. It's totally up to you.
    MotherofIreland

Answer by MotherofIreland at 12:04 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Aw hun, I'm so sorry to hear that. The only people who can decide when the right time is for you to try again is you and your husband. Can I ask if it was a miscarriage or stillbirth? I have a friend who struggled through the death of her little boy minutes after birth (they had known for some time that he wasn't going to make it due to an accident in utero) and she went on to have another baby awhile afterwards. I can link you her site if your situation is similar and you need someone who's been through it to talk to.
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 12:05 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I can't imagine the pain that you must have endured. My heart aches even trying to. If you want another baby, and the doctors say that you're healthy enough to have a baby, then go for it hon. I'm so sorry for your loss, and I wish you all the best in the future. God bless.
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 12:08 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I am so sorry to hear that!

We cannot tell you how soon is too soon. Only you and DH know that. If you think that emotionally, mentally and physically you are both ready for it, then I say go for it. It may be hard on you especially remembering that little one you lost. You will have to take that into consideration, but I'm sure you know that. Again I am sorry for your loss. Good Luck!
    krystie-tina

Answer by krystie-tina at 12:22 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• if you and your husband are ready (emotionally, mentally and physically )then no it isn't to soon
    good luck
    liadotwtd

Answer by liadotwtd at 3:47 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• If you and you husband are ready I would say, go for it! You can't replace the child you lost but you can fill the void with love for another one. God only uses us as a vessel to bring them into the world. We don't really have babies, we receive them. Meaning they are sent and created by God.
    MomaV

Answer by MomaV at 7:59 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Sorry to hear about your loss, but its not too soon. I just lost a baby June 16th I was told to wait 2 cycles before trying again. May God bless you with the wonderful gift of a child.
    suzzanna

Answer by suzzanna at 2:27 PM on Jul. 2, 2010