What is a good healthy breakfast to eat?

I dont really eat breakfast and I am trying to lose weight so I know its a good idea to start with breakfast

PookieMama13

Asked by PookieMama13 at 12:09 AM on Jul. 2, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Oatmeal
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 12:10 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• i was gonna say the same thing that theutilitarian just posted.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 12:11 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Fruits are really good in the morning.
    carter210

Answer by carter210 at 12:12 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I eat oatmeal too. Not the instant kind, but I buy oats and make some in the microwave.

I want to add- I was not always a breakfast eater, and kind of made it a habit. You can do it!
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 12:12 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Youghurt w/ fruits and berries cut up in it. I also like it w/ honey nut cheerioes... they have a bit more cal.'s...but are vey filling.
    And don't forget a full glass of water ( I normaly gulp mine down before I have my coffee ;-} )
    Nynne

Answer by Nynne at 12:14 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• oatmeal and fruits
    missiedoo

Answer by missiedoo at 12:17 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I take a big sip of water only bc sometimes I am not hungry yet or not sure what I want for breakfast. Sometimes I want coffee onlybut trying to cut back on that. So I guess it depends on how I feel.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 12:21 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I make my own egg mcmuffins. You can buy 100 calories, high fiber English muffins. Fry an egg with spray butter, use the spray butter on a toasted muffin and throw on a piece of American cheese. It's about 280 calories. You're getting fiber, carbs and healthy protein. =)
    Oatmeal is great too. Just add water, nuke for 1.5 minutes, add a splash of milk and just a bit of sugar.
    Cereal is good too, but it just depends on the brand. Look for ones that have lots of fiber and not too much sugar.
    Toast with whole wheat high fiber bread is great also. Have it with some butter or peanut butter or no sugar added jam.
    There are lots of options. You just need to learn how to read labels. As you can see, the above meals have fiber and protein. Those help keep you full. =)
    MotherofIreland

Answer by MotherofIreland at 12:38 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I see that someone mentioned yogurt. Plain yogurt is best, just add some fruit. Sweetened yogurt has a ton of sugar. The lower cal yogurt has fake sugar in it (which doesn't taste all that great and the fake sugar can screw with your feedback system, making you crave sugar after you eat it).
    MotherofIreland

Answer by MotherofIreland at 12:41 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Try to mix 2 different types of things in terms of protein/carbs/etc. I'll usually do yogurt and granola or an egg and a banana.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:56 AM on Jul. 2, 2010