Me and my hubby are falling out of Love

We have 2 amazing little girls, but the youngest one Kailei has ADHD and tretts syndrome and it has put a strain on us like you would not believe. I dont want to lose my family but all we do now if fight b/c we have NOOOOO us time. Any suggestions? Thanks-Nicole

InNeedofFriends

Asked by InNeedofFriends at 12:10 AM on Jul. 2, 2010 in General Parenting

• Love is a choice. you don't fall into it like you'd fall into a pool. You have to choose to love your hubby- choose to do things he likes, choose not to argue back. Good luck hun :)
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 12:16 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Even when we have us time I feel like we have fallen out of love, too.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 12:17 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Wow that is a tough one. I just have to say that if you two believe in GOD then, pray together, even if it's a quick few minutes that you might have alone..it works. Keep God in your marriage and it WILL last, even when you thought it was all over and it couldn't be revived. Trust him, and he will help you make it right.
    prettygirl326

Answer by prettygirl326 at 12:20 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I fully agree w/ txdaniella - love is not that fluffy feeling you feel...that is just a bi-product you get once in a while...love is something you choose to do.

But maybe your family could step in sometimes to give you guys a break ? Babysit while you go out (or stay home), if your parents (and you) are comfortable with it they could have them over for a sleep over?
    Nynne

Answer by Nynne at 12:22 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Is there parents groups w/ kids with ADHD meeting in your area? They could maybe help your relationship....or even some counseling ?

And prettygirl326 is right - God is almighty :)
    Nynne

Answer by Nynne at 12:26 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Stay Prayerful and let God lead you cause he will never put more on u than u kan bare or take u to a place where u not suppose to be in your life...Keep fighting!
    SweetThang888

Answer by SweetThang888 at 12:37 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Do you have someone that can babysit for the two of you? You can go out to dinner with your husband. Is your daughter on meds to help her control her ADHD and Tourettes? Maybe some counseling might help you guys. If you really won't it to work out sit down and talk to him about it and see what he says.

I hope it works out for you. It's hard enough raising two daughters with two parents.

Janet

Answer by Janet at 2:03 AM on Jul. 2, 2010