How do you prepare your oatmeal in the morning?

We love the oats but I know the way I make it is NOT healthy but here goes I put either milk or water in a qt. pan let it boil throw some oats in the pan add some butter a pinch of salt add some vanilla extract 2 tbls. Then I add sugar enough to taste a tad sweet and stir then serve with cold milk so it won't be too hot add raisins and cinnamon. Please give me a healthier way of making this thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:18 AM on Jul. 2, 2010 in Food & Drink

• LOL...I use the old fashion oats. I put them in a bowl, add just enough water to cover them, mic for 1.5 minutes, add skim milk to cool it and bring it to the consistency I prefer and then add about 2Tb of brown sugar. If I feel like it, I'll add some cinnamon.

How you are preparing it is fine, really. I would just make sure to use skim milk, skip the butter and add just enough sugar to sweeten it just a bit.
    MotherofIreland

Answer by MotherofIreland at 12:33 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I use instant. I use splenda to sweeten..that's it.
    Loryl

Answer by Loryl at 12:21 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• We buy instant too... I throw a pack in each bowl for the kids and then boil water in the microwave and pour it in! If we get plain then I add a little brown sugar.
    Elyssa414

Answer by Elyssa414 at 12:30 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I buy the kind you just have to add hot water in, so that isnt much help but here is a bump
    Decker

Answer by Decker at 12:19 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• When I eat them, I eat them un-cooked...just poor them in my bowl add milk and a tbsp sugar :)
    Nynne

Answer by Nynne at 12:30 AM on Jul. 2, 2010