What's the story behind your LO's name(s)? Sentimental? Just because you liked it?

My DS' name is Riley Michael.
Riley is for the first duty station my DH was assigned to, and also the base where I first met my DH. Michael is DH's middle name.

My DD's name is Lillie Faith.
Lillie is after DH's grandmother. Faith ... just because we had a lot of it throughout our relationship - even now!

ManicMomma02

Asked by ManicMomma02 at 12:47 AM on Jul. 2, 2010 in Baby Names

• my oldest sons middle name is the same as my dads, my younger son s middle name is after my grandfather and greatgrandfather who both had the same name (father and son). My daughters middle name is the same as my mom and MIL, i picked the first names because i liked them and they fit my children well.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 12:49 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Now this could get long so Ill shorten it by a lot LOL...

Connor Knight~Name that popped into my head while getting ready for work one day and hubby liked it. His middle name is a family name on my side.

Avery Danyael~Name my hubby heard on the news one evening long before we were actually pregnant with him. He said he preferred it for a boy so there ya go. His middle name is a unique spelling of Daniel that I saw in a movie and loved. Its a name from my DH's side of the family.

Devinn Asher~Basically...the two names we loved the very most and wanted to use on our last child. No family names used this time.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 12:49 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• My DD's name is Hannah Louise
    Hannah is a name I always liked. Louise is my grandmothers middle name.

My DS's name is Cammrion Ellis.
    Cammrion(Cam-Ryan) because my husband wanted my son to have his name without having his name(if that makes sense. and Ellis is a name he picked out from the bible.(dont know where though)
    Decker

Answer by Decker at 12:50 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• My sons name is Joshua Paul. We had a hard time concieving him and then he was born at 28 weeks. Joshua means "from God' or 'Gift from God' (along those lines) so we thought it was appropriate. And Paul is my dads, my FIL and my husbands middle name.
    nsrush83

Answer by nsrush83 at 12:52 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• 1st (DS) - quite honestly it was the first name that I could think of when being pestered by the nurse trying to do my paperwork before leaving the hospital LOL Alexandar was random and his middle name was after my brother (but family says my grandpa since that's who he was named for but honestly I thinking of my brother)

2nd (DS) - Christopher for my dad, Robert for my FIL

3rd (DD) - Rebekah because I like that it's spelled different than most and because of the country song Rebbecca Lynn, Kathlynn is actually my mom's first and middle squished together (Kathy Lynn) and shhh! also partly because of the song LOL
    Sweet story though, my mom was in the psych ward for a short when my daughter was born, she was going through a LOT of junk we won't get into. But when I called and told her Bekah's name, that's what convinced her not to commit suicide. She didn't want her name sake growing up with a suicide victim's name.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 12:56 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• John Wesley R. T. he's named after his dad he's actually the third.

Ethan Thomas is just a name we liked.
    GigantaursMommy

Answer by GigantaursMommy at 12:57 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• brooke payton...

Brooke is one of my middle names and i always said id name my daughter brooke.. and payton after peyton manning but with an A because we thought it looked more feminine :)
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 1:17 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Mines have sentimental meaning of someone who was in our lives at one point
    1) Alexander (my brother whose name is Alejandro, so I changed it a little bit), Michael (for a long term friend)
    2) Adam (for my hubby's best friend who was killed), Christopher (for my step sister whom I was very closed to, her name was christine, also killed)
    2) Nathan (for hubby's 1st nephew and we just love the name!), Anthony (for my dad, and we also love the name!).
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 1:18 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Cam'ron Rashaad--No real reason in the first name. The middle name is because I need to continue tradition the R names.
    Christain Matthew--Middle name is Dh's middle name
    Corbin Micheal--Named after dh's fav movie and dh's first name.
    Gabbrielle Sayuri---This name has alot of sentiment and emotion behind it. We had the 1st name for our daughter all picked out. For 6 years we had it picked out. Just waiting. We swore we wouldnt use any other name. Gabby's middle name was picked out by the boys. It is Japanese. It means small lily. We did not know its meaning when she was born. She was the smallest of all 4 children. It wasnt until she was 2 weeks old that I looked up the meaning. Weird that they picked out that EXACT name.
    **Wasnt until he had all 3 boys that we realized we gave them all C first names
    ** Dh and his sister and M's
    **My brother, sister and I are R's
    4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 7:45 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Rachel Whitney---- Rachel was my nickname of sorts. My Dad always said I just looked like a Rachel. Whitney is my mother's name.

Grant Matthew-- Grant we just liked. Matthew is for my brother.

Benjamin William-- Ben we just liked. William is for my late grandfather.
    CaseyErin

Answer by CaseyErin at 9:39 AM on Jul. 2, 2010