Does anyone live in Houston?

If so, how do you like it? I've been all over the country, but I've never been specifically to Houston. My husband got a job offer there today, and we're considering taking it. First we're going to check it out, but I'm wondering if anyone else has an input on that city.

LovingSAHMommy

Asked by LovingSAHMommy at 12:50 AM on Jul. 2, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Okay:

Cons:
    Traffic. The traffic is fraking crazy. If you do move here. Watch out for I45. The traffic there NEVER clears. Day or night.
    Certian areas entertain certian ppl: Sunnyside, Yellowstone, Northside, Hiram Clarke, etc...high crime areas
    Montrose: Mainly gay, transgendered and crossdressing people. I have no problem with it, but some people do.
    Expensive. It can be very expensive to live in houston.

Pros:
    Entertainment: There is always someting for kids to do. Some place, some zoo, some park is always having a kids day. Lots of different cultures.
    Someone is always hiring.

GL
    4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 7:38 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I don't but my fil & mil do. We go there once every other year to go to the zoo and the aquarium. We love going there, but don't love the traffic.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 12:51 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Its too big for me. I've not been there in a long time. I do live in texas though and I LOVE texas!
    crazymom21

Answer by crazymom21 at 3:13 AM on Jul. 2, 2010