Anxiety

I've been dealing with anxiety & depression since before I had my LO my doc wants to put me on meds. Does anyone take these and do they help??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:53 AM on Jul. 2, 2010 in Health

• Yep. I take Celexa, and it does help. It's an anti-depressant/anti-anxiety med. While I wasn't suffering from depression, I started having bad anxiety after I had my son. It took about 4 weeks to kick in, but all of a sudden...I just don't worry or get anxious about little things anymore. It hasn't changed my personality, or made me feel weird or anything...I'm just WAY less anxious. :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 12:57 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I've never taken meds for stuff like this. but my DH has. And let me tell you I hated it. He was not the man I married. It was worse than it was before. I finally asked him to stop taking them because I could tell it was actually doing the opposite of what it was supposed to do. It put a huge strain on our marriage. Though there are many different types of medicine for these things...with the right kind and amount maybe you will have better luck.
    SandraRh

Answer by SandraRh at 12:59 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Oh and DH was on Lexapro.
    SandraRh

Answer by SandraRh at 1:02 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I have some pretty bad anxiety and depression. Both are symptoms of PTSD. I am not on any meds though. I prefer to find other ways to cope.
    However, please remember that the medications are only a band-aid. It doesn't heal the problem underneath, it only covers it up. Please seek counseling. I know first hand how much therapy can help.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:17 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I have taken the Xanax and it has helped me get through some tough situations that I would otherwise end up having a panic attack. now that i have no insurance I take" valerion root" and "Evening of primrose oil"
    They are in the vitaman section of any drug store
    togo90210

Answer by togo90210 at 4:40 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I am not on meds but sometimes I feel like I could use them. I want something I don't have to take everyday just when I need it. I wonder if there is something like that. I try to get time to myself to help with anxiety.
    reesemom

Answer by reesemom at 9:39 AM on Jul. 2, 2010