Sewing machine help! PLEASE!

I just tried looking for help on Google with no luck, but I was sewing on my machine a few minutes ago and my needle broke and I unscrewed the little knob thing on the side but the needle will NOT come out :( I just got this machine on Mothers Day so I havent had to change the needle out on it yet and I got my booklet out to make sure I was doing it righ eventhough I've seen my grandma do it a thousand times, but the needle won't budge. A forum on google suggested using needle nosed pliers to help get it out but that just broke another piece of the needle off :( Any suggestions?

misspriss_1987

Asked by misspriss_1987 at 1:02 AM on Jul. 2, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• are you positive you've unscrewed it enough?
    I know it sounds like silly advice but I have made that mistake so many times, I totally take out that screw now LOL

also try the pliers as close to the casing thingy as you can get it, not down at the longer end.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 1:05 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I completely took the screw out because I thought maybe it wasn't out enough.

I'm getting sooo aggravated with it. I'm not sure what to do. I was trying to finish a pillowcase dress for a friends daughter and all I was doing was sewing the bias tape aroud the arm holes and it broke. I may hve to have my grandma help me with it tomorrow :(
    misspriss_1987

Comment by misspriss_1987 (original poster) at 1:14 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• That's one heck of a needle. I'm sorry I don't know what to suggest because I was going to say needle nose pliers too. But I'll gladly bump this for you. Good luck. I sure hope you can get that thing out!
    firenicecream

Answer by firenicecream at 6:37 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I just googled too (for kicks). Check this out and see if it helps at all.

firenicecream

Answer by firenicecream at 6:39 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• We still can't get it out :(
    I brought it to my grandma's today and she tried to help me get it out and it won't budge. She said once I unscrew the thing on the side that the needle should pretty much fall right out. My grandpa even tried with some pliers too and all it does is pull the wholl thing down (the thing that goes up and down when you sew that the needles attached to). I'm aggravated with it. I was going to sew my daughters new carseat cover tonight but now I have nothing to do with my time bc I sew every night lol I guess we'll take it to my grandmas friend next week who quilts and works on mahcines and see if she can help. Thanks everybody :)
    misspriss_1987

Comment by misspriss_1987 (original poster) at 1:38 AM on Jul. 3, 2010

• What kind of sewing machine is this? Contact the manufacturer on line. Or find a hot line for their machines. I would say it is broken. HOw about spraying some wd40 on the needle or machine oil?
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 3:00 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• I have been sewing forever and have about 10 different machines. This sounds like the needle is in wrong, maybe backwards. I wouldn't put wd40 on it. If you are moving the piece that holds the needle when you try with pliers, you may misalign that and end up with worse problems. It is possible the wrong type of needle is in the machine. Most of the manufacturers do have websites and consumer question lines and you can try them.
    joysings

Answer by joysings at 11:57 PM on Jul. 9, 2010