OK this is TMI, but I have to ask... Lump near anus that's always been there?

I've had hemorrhoids, and I don't think that's what it is. This is just a small kind of loose piece of skin near my anus. I've had it as far back as I can remember, which is pretty much since I was a toddler. Anyone else have this and know what it is? I read something about skin tags near the anus or vagina looking and feeling like that, but I'm not sure. My OB checked my hemorrhoids when I was pregnant and she didn't say anything about it. It doesn't hurt, or bleed, or get irritated during things like anal play during sex or when I have to poop. Am I just weird lol? Not really worried about it, just wondering because it kind of embarrasses me. Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:17 AM on Jul. 2, 2010 in Health

• If you've had it since you were little and it hasn't changed or bothered you it probably is just a skin tag.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 1:25 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• maybe its a skin tag
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 1:17 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• A skin tag is more of a tiny piece of flesh kind of just there. But what you are describing sounds like a cyst the normal ones or a swollen gland or even maybe some sort of an ingrown hair I shooting more towards the cyst though. If it does not bother you don't even mess with it you've had it this long and your dr didn't say it was bad so just relax and don't worry. GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 1:34 AM on Jul. 2, 2010