I am about 8 weeks along and suffereing from severe nausea, can someone help?

It seems as though I've exhausted all my options but can anyone recommend something I may have missed?
I have received a prescription from my midwife, but all it seems to do is make me tired. I have also tried sea bands, preggie pops, crackers, dry foods. It's stopping me from participating in daily activities including leaving my house to run errands, because I'm constantly sick.Seems as though nothing has been working, and I dont feel like I'm getting everything I need for the baby in because I had to stop taking my prenatals due to the nausea. Does anyone know of anything else I could try?

kris_croft1

Asked by kris_croft1 at 1:21 AM on Jul. 2, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I knew 2 girls that were put on the same med that they put chemo patients on...don't remember the name of it...but they both couldn't leave the house and kept missing work due to the severe nausea...don't know if you want to go that route, but it's an option...hope you are feeling better soon!
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 1:26 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• try taking Flintstones instead of prenatals.

and hopefully your nausea will subside by 14 weeks!
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 1:26 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I was really sick until I was about 16 weeks. I lived off mcdonalds fries. Try taking your vitamins at night before bed sometimes they're easier to keep down. I tried all that stuff too and nothing worked I just had to tough it out and I was working at the time so it was awful. Make sure you drink plenty of water when ever you get a break from vomiting if you get dehydrated they'll give you IV fluids. My mom was sick the whole time she was pregnant she was in the hospital for about 7 of the 9 months. I hope yours is not that bad and hopefully it will get better soon.
    Nattiesmom10

Answer by Nattiesmom10 at 1:29 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• 50mg B6 and half a unisom.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 1:30 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I had a really hard time with my last pregnancy. I found that milkshakes really settled my stomach. As long as I had a milkshake I was fine and I took my prenatals at night right before going to sleep.
    krismohl

Answer by krismohl at 1:37 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• ginger
    mrsary

Answer by mrsary at 4:55 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• have you tried eating every two hours?
    i am sorry for how you are feelilng.
    hopefully this will pass soon!!!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 8:45 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I dont know what the midwiffe gave you. But I take Zofran....U need a script but they dont make u tired at all.....Ask for that if she didnt give you that.....also...try licking and smelling fresh leamons
    MaMaTreZZa

Answer by MaMaTreZZa at 9:21 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I too am very nauseated! I found this candied gunger that worked within 5 minutes. I also drink Ginger tea and bought some ginger ale made with real ginger!...You can also try hot water and grate some ginger in it. Ginger is not the best tasting, but it is better then feeling nauseated all day! Someone suggested Aloe Juice to me as well. I have not tried it yet! Good luck!
    cparra74

Answer by cparra74 at 2:09 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Thanks everyone for all the advice... I recently started taking this B6 vitamin, and a little bit of progress so I'm hoping the nausea will clear up soon!
    kris_croft1

Comment by kris_croft1 (original poster) at 5:53 PM on Jul. 5, 2010