Obama & Live Birth Abortion / Induced Labor Abortions

I understand that sometimes pregnancy can be life threatening. I understand the point of rape (though I don't think it's the child's fault), and I won't judge for that. But certain things are unjustifiable. Partial birth abortion/ late term abortion, live birth abortion. I just don't understand. Babies in the womb can feel pain, cry, move, their blood circulates, they suck their thumbs, yet people say they aren't human beings yet. I don't understand it.
That's very sad .How could someone do that to a poor ,helpless baby?It's scary to think about the people who have to do this,do they not feel sympathy or sadness?

vania_jmz

Asked by vania_jmz at 1:29 AM on Jul. 2, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I am pro-choice (i think) but am 100% against, second and third trimester abortions as well as partial birth abortions. It's sick and disturbing.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:31 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I am pro life for myself, but every woman has the right to make their own choice. I do not, however think that partial birth abortions should be legal in any way, for any reason.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 1:39 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Seriously, that is so disgusting it turns my stomach. I remember during the election I read an article from a nurse who actually saw a partial-birth abortion baby in a bag of linens CRYING and was ordered not to save it! If I ever needed one more reason to not support Obama, the fact that he voted prior to being president to allow this was plenty.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 1:39 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• ...Live Birth Abortion ...
    Excellent name to describe it.t
    Isn't it funny how the pro-abortion lobby stealthily controls the debate by controlling our very thoughts on the issues through repetitively using selected words and phrases until we take them for granted?

I have seen this in TV discussions. EVERY time the pro-abortionist has a turn, she changes "baby" to "fetus" (But a pregnant mother says, "I felt my baby move!" - never "I felt the fetus move");
    she changes "pro-abortion" to "pro-choice", or even "reproductive rights".
    Someone starts to zero in on inexcusable abortion practices, and she switches the topic to rape or health of the mother and throws in some inflammatory accusations for good measure - to ensure that the subject is dropped and does not come up again within the view of the public.
    Truly, MANY people don't know what "partial-birth" abortion is !
    It's dishonest - even sleazy like the sharpest con-man.
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 3:40 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Here is a great link with an interview he gave to Fox news regarding why he opposes bans on partial birth abortion. Mostly because he believe states should decide and most of the bills he said did not count for the health of the mother, fetus having no help of survival.

http://www.lifenews.com/nat3896.html

Also late term abortion is only done when the fetus has no chance of survival-otherwise it is illegal.
    http://medical-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/partial+birth+abortion
    http://www.ourbodiesourselves.org/book/companion.asp?id=20&compID=39
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 3:15 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• ITA LovingSAHMommy
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 3:35 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Late-term abortion happens all the time. The doctors make the paperwork say what it needs to say. The abortion doc near my town has been running his butcher shop for many years, and worked closely with the guy in Kansas who was murdered (and before anyone takes the opportunity to bash, I think the murder was horrendous and wrong).

Obama is a bloody president. I believe we all have to answer for what we did in life. What a responsibility to be able to prevent further loss of life and take off what little regulation there is now! I hope we get the guy out in 2012.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 11:22 PM on Jul. 3, 2010