What do you think about the new health care law passed?

Nixing sp? pre-existing conditions?? good idea? why or why not?

is it fair that obesity is still denied?

MomNbabyGirl009

Asked by MomNbabyGirl009 at 1:35 AM on Jul. 2, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• disaster
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:37 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• why?
    MomNbabyGirl009

Comment by MomNbabyGirl009 (original poster) at 1:40 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• It helps me greatly. I have diabetes and I know for a fact that I can not afford a health care plan especially one that raises rates due to my "pre-existing" condition. I don't know what I would do if we made a little more money; making more SOUNDS like a good idea but it also disqualifies me from government health care which is the ONLY health care I can afford.
    Deathlilly

Answer by Deathlilly at 1:40 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• We (meaning the country) can't afford it and most of the people it's pretending to help can't afford it. Some will get dumped on medicaid aka lowest common denominator bare bones care, and the rest will struggle to make the minimum payments. There will still be millions unemployed because they fall in that gap where they make too much for medicaid but not enough to pay the mandatory premiums. Everyone's premiums will be higher (some are already going up), and the CBO says the entire thing (along with the rest of our federal budget) is unsustainable unless they make some massive cuts to both the healthcare plan and social security. Cuts means either they substantially reduce what is subsidized or what medicaid covers, or they raise the premiums even more to offset what they can't subsidize.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:49 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I disagree with it because civilian medical facilities are so much nicer than military ones. Basically everything is going to go to crap and medical treatment will be the same quality as what the military gets. Trust me it sucks.
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 2:06 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• It's crap poorly written crap. They left out children with preexisting conditions. Thankfully enough the big bad ins co. decided they were going to accept children with preexisting conditions even though the dumbarses left it out. The AP story reported, "the insurance industry said it won't try to block his(Obama) efforts to fix a potentially embarrassing glitch in the new law."

If they can't write a law (leaving out their main talking point) just goes to show they are not capable of running a program like this. You should look into military hospitals.
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/02/17/AR2007021701172.html
    http://www.justicenewsflash.com/2010/07/01/va-hospital-alerts-patients-of-potential-exposure-to-hiv_201007014865.html
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 3:04 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• HUGE FRIGGEN DISASTER. I mean putting aside the fact that it is not the job or responsibility of others (who spent time in school, got training or worked hard for a LONG time) who make more money than you to have to pay for your medical care...we simply can NOT afford it as a country.

There is simply not enough room to list all of the problems with the health care bill that passed. I pray to God that it gets defunded before it ever gets off of the ground.
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 3:32 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• There were too many concessions made. It should have been much stronger. As far as the children with pre-existing conditions loophole, the real story there is not that it was left out, but that ins co lawyers found a way around it. After a huge uproar, they acquiesced and said they would abide by the meaning of the law, rather than searching for legal loopholes.

As far as the whole deal, I am hoping to be able to get insurance coverage with the subsidies, since it is not affordable right now. To cover my family right now out of pocket would be over $1200/month. That is ridiculous. It would put me on the streets.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 7:53 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• The very few good things about this bill are quickly outnumbered by the negative, cost rising, unconstitutional things in the bill. It's filled full of pork and hands power and money over to the government. That is never a good thing in my mind. Ever.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 8:56 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Plus, the bill was presented as being all about people being able to keep your current plan if you want. Weeellll, now not so fast. That isn't quite right. The "pre-existing condition" clause is there. The insurance companies are allowed to charge you more, but you will get coverage. The CBO released a report to the "debit reduction committee" this week that the UHC will not reduce the debt and is unsustainable.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 1:03 PM on Jul. 2, 2010