Did you ever consider aborthing your LO?

Feel free to post anonymously. I am. I wish I could post this in the main forum, but I am afraid to. My DD is two months old. She is my first born and I love her dearly and absolutely like I never knew I could, but I considered aborting her. I feel ill every time I think about it and it makes me overprotective. It makes me afraid that God (btw I am not even Christian, but I was raised Catholic so this is irrational) will take her from me in her sleep because I considered it. Every time she smiles I appreciate it. The pregnancy was so rough that we almost lost her to four different things. She is tough, but when I got pregnant by surprise and we didn't have health insurance and I didn't know there were options for one day, for one hour in that day, I considered aborting my beautiful child. My own mother even told me to go ahead and do it. Luckily I didn't DD less than a month inside me I promised her mommy would never hurt her.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:40 AM on Jul. 2, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• NEVER...... i knew what could happen when i had sex with my So and so did he and we were fine with that. Now were soooo happy we have her! :) <3
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 1:41 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Never ever ever would I have considered it. I don't believe there is any circumstance in which I would ever get an abortion. I do however believe that that is each woman's choice to make and would not hold that against her if she chose to do it.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 1:42 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I didn't even consider it. I just did it. I was 14.
    Love me or hate me. I'm still always gonna be me.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:47 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I cant tell you the number of woman who come in here looking for our advice on if they should abort or not. I cant tell them what to do, but I wish they could read your post.
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 1:48 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Nope, both of mine were planned.
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 2:03 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• When I got pregnant with my 3rd DH said I could and he wouldn't think any less of me. I prayed a few times that God would grant me a miscarriage. Thankfully he didn't listen. I love my 3rd born more than I ever thought possible. Then I got pregnant a 4th time. Yay for failed birth control. Even though we might believe differently I believe God gave me all my children for a reason and I thank Him often! Someone very close to me had an abortion and it was so sad I still love her though.
    crazymom21

Answer by crazymom21 at 2:54 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Yes, at 16 and pregnant I thought an abortion was the best thing for me. I sat there in that clinic waiting...and it happened. I felt my first flutter. My baby moved, my baby was real to me then and I couldnt kill him.
    I am beyond thankful I did not. Every day I hear someone scream about a toy or a game, although I get tired and I get stressed, God I wouldnt want it any other way. I NEVER knew love like this. I didnt know I could love someone so much. When I got pregant with my second I was so scared. I didnt think that I could love him as much. Now I have 4 and I love them all the same.

So yes, I considered it. But thank God, he had other plans for me.
    4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 7:16 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• No I never did. DD was a big big suprise, I was in my senior year of college, dh and I had been married for like 3 months when I found out. I think other people thought I would get one though... like some of my professors and what not. I was kind of suprised by their reactions. When I went to the health center to get my test the lady seemed really annyoed that I was even tehre, like I was the only one who had ever gone for for a pregnacy test lol. But when it all came bakc she said I was pregnant and said well lets start talking about you're options. I told her I was keeping the baby, I was married and getting ready to graduate, already had a a job lined up. And she rolled her eyes and said "well I guess that can work out. Don't take motrin" and walked out of the room!
    jedwards2009

Answer by jedwards2009 at 10:05 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• No. Not only am I pro-life, but I tried for 6 years to get pregnant with my first.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 10:14 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Oh, honey, don't worry about it!! It's very normal for all kinds of thought to run through your mind when you are pregnant and scared. I consider abortion, too. DS was a "surprise". Both of us are pro-choice and we've not religious, so it was definitely one of the options we discussed. I still think it's a right choice for some, I found that I would just become unbelievably horrified at the thought of asking someone to take away this little thing inside of me. Honestly, the strength of my emotions surprised me!! I guess nature does a good job of making moms protective of the little ones. :) And of course, I absolutely LOVE my son now.

Having brief thoughts about abortion does not make you a bad mom, and she's definitely not going to be harmed because of those thoughts. You are not perfect, and your daughter doesn't need you to be perfect. It's wonderful that you appreciate each moment with her. Just focus on enjoying that!
    Sebbiemama

Answer by Sebbiemama at 10:31 AM on Jul. 2, 2010