When can I be put in the hospital?

I am 4 cm dilated but not effaced but I really wanna get this going lol....if I go to the hospital, will they just send me home if I'm not having contractions (that I know of)...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:55 AM on Jul. 2, 2010 in Pregnancy

• If you're not having contractions then your beautiful little one is not ready to make his/her appearance into this world yet. what's your rush?
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:57 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• yeah theyll just send you home.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 1:57 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Take a stroll or snuggle with your SO. It will relax you because there won't be much of that in the future and just might start things moving.
    FuzNet

Answer by FuzNet at 2:00 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• If you're not contracting, they're gonna send you home. But look at it this way, you're already almost half way there...when you do start contracting and labor kicks in, I bet it's gonna be a breeze for you! Enjoy the short while you have left to rest!
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 2:06 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• #1 when you are contracting #2 when you have pains without reason #3 if you feel something abnormal (dizzy, headaches (strong ones) vomiting and not be able to stop, if your baby does not move at all for a long period of time, lets say that he always moves , very often and suddenly does not move for a whole day, you have to go and see your doctor, but the best thing to do, is ASK your doctor if you feel that something is not all right. Good luck and congratulations!! :)
    EllieMarie1

Answer by EllieMarie1 at 2:23 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• They will definitely send you home. With my second child I was having contractions 5 minutes apart, but wasn't dilating or effacing after 3 hours (I came in at 2.5 dilated and 60% effaced), and I got sent home (went back 3 hours later, and I was dilated to 8; that time I got to stay). If you're not having contractions, and you haven't effaced at all, the baby is probably not ready to come yet.
    jilby

Answer by jilby at 2:55 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• not til u are contracting every 5 min.
    mrsary

Answer by mrsary at 4:54 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Oh yes they will send you home! You need to be contracting to have that little one delivered!
    cparra74

Answer by cparra74 at 2:06 PM on Jul. 2, 2010