Would you ever adopt a child just because?

I've always wanted to adopt a child just because there are so many of them in need of homes..anyone else?

juggalettetina

Asked by juggalettetina at 2:05 AM on Jul. 2, 2010 in Just for Fun

• yes!!! I really want to adopt from foster care, an older child. DH will never go for it though since we tried to adopt my cousin from foster care & they screwed us over. So sad because I would love to!
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 2:06 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I would too! I have 3 adopted cousins and i've seen how well their lives have turned out...i've always wanted to help a child like they were.
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 2:07 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• If I had enough money to and the means to provide for them, then absolutely! I think every child deserves to have a real place to call home.
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 2:07 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• i used to want to adopt a child just because.
    but not any more. ...now i raise my stepson and my adopted little brother (who i am now adopting as my son) and still don't have a child of my own.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 2:10 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• idk.. id love to but at the samet ime idk if it would be for me.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 2:13 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• YES!!!
    I'm adopted myself and I know so little about my background such as cancers and heart issues. Does my bio mom carry her weight like I do? What drugs and how much alcohol did she really consume when pregnant with me?? My step son was adopted by my hubs so he is OK with it for sure especially if we could get a girl!!!
    mom2priceboys

Answer by mom2priceboys at 2:14 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Definitely!

Really, my plan is if I ever win the lottery, I want a big house and be a foster parent. I hate hearing about the older kids who never get adopted, go from foster home to foster home only to end up out of the system .
    vileincarnation

Answer by vileincarnation at 2:16 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Yes! I actually have that in my life plan. Hopefully once things get better with my career and I can get established somewhere. My husband and I would like to try for a biological boy, since we have two daughters already. Regardless of if we have a boy later or another girl, we would still like to adopt. Later in life, I would like to adopt a little boy, between the ages of 7 and 10. I just want to make a difference in the life of a kid. I know what it is like to not have parents. So that's what I would like to eventually do. :)
    BabyBeans0506

Answer by BabyBeans0506 at 2:27 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• i almost adopted a little boy "ethan" when i was 18 years old. he was in the "babies home" in uganda, and i used to go see him whenever i could... i still wonder what he looks like now, if he was ever adopted, if he gets to go to school.
    gracefulsky

Answer by gracefulsky at 2:52 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I had always wanted to be a foster parent when I was younger and living in a foster home. I swore that I would treat every child who entered my home as if they were my home and they would be entered into all aspects of the family, including making decisions and being allowed to go places.
    I never thought of adopting because the foster care system is so backlogged and there are so many needy kids who are being abused and losing parents that they need immediate love.
    Unfortunately, I was never in a financial position to own a home or rent an apartment large enough to afford foster children.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 6:50 AM on Jul. 2, 2010