My Back is Killing me.

So like last night around 12:30 I got into the car for one of those need it real bad taco bell runs and I felt my back give. I did something...and its been killing me since...and now its to the point where sleeping on my side and even sitting on the can kills me. I've had it do this before pregnancy and it sort of popps back in where it belongs on its own good time but it never seems to last so long and I cant take anything for it....sooo...any recommendations short of running to my doc so he can tell me...there's nothing he can do.....cause you know...i cant take anything :)

LilHellion

Asked by LilHellion at 10:40 AM on Jun. 28, 2008 in Health

• You should talk to your OBGYN I had back problems and in my area there were a few chiropractors that specialize in working with pregnant woman and thankfully mine fixed my problem.
    maddysmommy907

Answer by maddysmommy907 at 3:03 PM on Jun. 28, 2008

• Try getting into the shower and letting the water massage your back...tylenol is ok too. A chiropractor, a good one, is an excellent resource to have for all the preggo aches and pains. I have been there too...I feel you pain. hang in there.
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 10:43 AM on Jun. 28, 2008

• I did the same thing. Went to look out the back car window and felt something pull. Knew at that moment that it wasn't going to be good. Fortunately I was able to take something so I can at least sleep. The doc would probably say physical therapy. Maybe a heating pad would help.
    bizlady

Answer by bizlady at 10:48 AM on Jun. 28, 2008

• I had the same problem when I was pregnant. I bought one of those Shiatsu massage pads. I took it everywhere. I used to put it wherever I sat, the couch, dining room table, bed. Ask your Dr. about something for pain relief, they gave me darvocet. The stress of the pain isn't good for the baby either.
    krisstencarmela

Answer by krisstencarmela at 10:55 AM on Jun. 28, 2008

• The Dr. will have a list of meds that are ok. My ds went on rtownshopper.com and got me an hour long massage for $20. Now he even goes too!
    h3art2h0m3

Answer by h3art2h0m3 at 11:12 AM on Jun. 28, 2008

• A nice warm bath or prop yourself up with pillow and a heating pad. I would also get a massage from SO or pay for one. If it's still bothering you, talk to your Dr.
    boyerbaby

Answer by boyerbaby at 2:36 PM on Jun. 28, 2008

• Acupuncture may help you. It helped me and it's drug free.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 2:41 PM on Jun. 28, 2008

• epsion salt bath becareful with the acupunture for me they hit a nerve and it was just awful but some have good results also try a hot compress on ur back
    Patience1

Answer by Patience1 at 2:50 PM on Jun. 28, 2008

• I called the Kaiser nurse line and they told me that could not advise me what to take because they had those rights taken away from them and I should call my doctor...I reminded them it was Saturday...they told me ...to wait until my next apt (july 2) it was just a few days away.

I took a hot shower...and hit up the icy hot pads. I still hurt but I can move and I slept a few more hours. Thanks ladies!
    LilHellion

Answer by LilHellion at 4:17 AM on Jun. 29, 2008