I didn't know I was pregnant!

Have you seen this show? How the hell do you not know you are pregnant???? I looked like I was smuggling a beach ball when I was pregnant with DS.

How did you carry your baby/babies/

GavinsMommii

Asked by GavinsMommii at 3:46 AM on Jul. 2, 2010 in Just for Fun

• i totally agree!! i was huge! how do women miss this? i mean...i knew about 10 seconds after insemination that i was pregnant!! lol
    Preggydyke

Answer by Preggydyke at 3:53 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• With all 3 of mine I either looked like I had swollowed a watermelon or a dang beachball I think alot of them women r so full of themselfs
    angelluvgoddess

Answer by angelluvgoddess at 4:00 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• In my little town that I live in a girl was rushed to the ER she thought her apaendix burst. She had a baby instead...What happened was she had the Depo shot so early in the pregnancy that a test came up negative before she was given the shot...she gained weight and her period stopped...all side affects of the depo shot
    togo90210

Answer by togo90210 at 4:22 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I was sick with my 3rd and couldn't gain. I only weighed 121 the day he was born. I had been in the hospital awhile and they weighed me that day. I never wore maternity clothes. My normal weight was around 115. You could see him in me and see him move around so you could tell I was pregnant when you pulled my shirt up and watched awhile. You couldn't tell by looking at me.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 5:41 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• My best friend didn't know she was pregnant. She almost always had naseau but the test always came back negative. She was going through a lot of stress and spotted almost every month so she thought it was due to stress. Then she called me at about 3am one morning and said she had abdominal pain so bad she could barely move, so I went and picked her up and took her to the hospital. When we got there they admited her and started blood tests, then about 6am her water broke and I knew exactly what was going on so I called in the dr. They checked her and she was 10cm dilated and delivered a healthy 6lb 10oz baby girl. She only gained about 10lbs which she thought was due to stress. I didn't notice much of a change besides a little weight gain. I have seen the show and know now that it is possible to be pregnant and not know it. If she had any idea that she was she would have been on prenatals and had gone to the dr.
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 5:48 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• My oldest DD lost a lot of weight in her first trimester from hyperemesis & was in the hospital a lot getting IV fluids for her dehydration & she never looked pregnant. She knew she was pregnant & told the docs & they always told her to prepare for the worse when they did ultrasounds because the baby was so small they didn't think she'd carry. At full term she only looked 5 months pregnant, but her baby thrived & kicked, punched, moved, hiccuped, & turned like all babies do as they mature in the womb.
    So I do NOT believe for one minute that any woman who goes through a pregnancy never knows she's pregnant when she's got a heel pushing against her side & rolling on down, when she can feel the hiccups, & when she can feel the baby moving & turning.
    Claims of not knowing you were pregnant when you carry near & to full term are BS.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 6:44 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• PrydferthMenyw
    I have a hard time believing you wouldn't feel something too. But on the other hand, my second born was SO still in the womb. I had to lie still and concentrate just to feel any movement. It got to a point that I wasn't even worried if I didn't feel him move all day long. His kicks and sharp moves were rare, so I could see wondering what it was and then forgetting about it if I didn't know I was pregnant. Ironically he is now my most active and hyper child! :-D
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 6:49 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Whats creeping me out is that I saw 2 episodes in a row about girls in their mid-20's named Claire who were on the Depo shot and then BAM - they're delivering babies - their only symptoms were weight gain and mild mood swings, which are side effects of the shot. Guess what? I'm a 25 y/o named Claire, and I'm on the depo shot, and I've gained 25lbs in the last year, with hellacious mood swings. Yikes.
    MunchiesMom324

Answer by MunchiesMom324 at 2:35 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I have a friend who only found out at 22 weeks because she still had baby weight and no period from her last one. The baby was born at 32 weeks so she only had 10 weeks, 9 if you discount the week she was in the hospital after her water broke.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 8:47 PM on Jul. 2, 2010