SIL doesnt put her LOs in car seats...

what is the law with car seats? ??

4 of the 5 kids are not in carseats...
oldest is i think 7 and skinnny ... not in a booster or anything same with next kid down... 3d youngest is 4 and not in a seat next one down is about 2.
youngest is a baby and in an infant seat.

what are the laws here? i do NOT like this at all.

this isnt fun but this seems to be the category that gets a lot of attention

MomNbabyGirl009

Asked by MomNbabyGirl009 at 5:43 AM on Jul. 2, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Go to google and type in your state name and car seat law. Print it out and give it to her. If that doesn't do the trick then go buy car seats for the kids or contact a hospital or fire station and see about getting free car seats. It sounds like she has so many kids it would be hard to have a vehicle big enough for all the car seats. My mini-van only has 5 places since you can't use the front seat. If some of her seat belts don't work or something then there might be problems. People shouldn't have more kids than they can take care of. How sad.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 5:57 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Not much you can do, I don't think the police would do anything unless she is stopped for something else. All mine are in high back boosters and two of them will be 11 in Aug, but they are smaller then most kids. I had the girls in 5 point harnesses with a bar that came down over them until about two years ago. Having that many small children without car seats is just lazy IMO, it's not that hard to make sure they are belted in properly when they are that small.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 5:50 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• It depends where you live
    MizusT

Answer by MizusT at 5:46 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Hmmmm..... I don't know what your laws are but here in Oregon they have to be 6 years AND 60lbs. They were trying to put a height limit on it too. I know most states are 4 years and/ or .
    krystie-tina

Answer by krystie-tina at 5:50 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Im in Arizona like u gaillll

i agree!
    MomNbabyGirl009

Comment by MomNbabyGirl009 (original poster) at 6:00 AM on Jul. 2, 2010