Is it normal to feel this angry?

I am 27 weeks pregnant with my second child, and I keep feeling this insane resentment and anger toward my 22 month old step son and his mother. It's making me feel terrible, but I can't help it! Given: his mother has been extremely unkind to me and my family, but that hurt and anger shouldn't extend to the child, should it? Sometimes I have to leave the house because if I stay another minute I will start screaming. I hate it, but I don't know what to do about it!!

Lili_Momof2

Asked by Lili_Momof2 at 7:29 AM on Jul. 2, 2010 in Pregnancy

• You can have all kinds of anger during pregnancy. Sounds like it might be best to stay away from them for a while so you don't take your anger out on the child. I haven't been in your situation so I don't know how it feels but it sounds like it would be best to stay away as much as you can. Good Luck I hope this soon passes!

Zara Nichols
    Helping Moms Work From Home
    www.4AHappyLife.com
    ZaraN

Answer by ZaraN at 7:47 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• i think it is normal to feel anger with an ex of a so/ dh, pregnant or not!
    do try your best to process things differently...the anger is not good for you or your family!
    good luck mama!
    try to let dh deal with his ex for a while!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 7:52 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• No it shouldn't extend to the child. It's hard with hormones and the stress of pregnancy but if you are acting on your resentment towards your stepson, get away for awhile even if you just go to your room and lie down.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 7:52 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• It would be wise to get some help and deal with the root of your anger now. Anger is a very destructive emotion when not properly dealt with. It will most likely eventually turn to full-fledged depression after your baby is born.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 7:58 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I was very angry during my first trimester. Granted, I also like you, had people who were legitimately pissing me off, and probably would have been almost as angry if I wasnt pregnant. The hormone rush just intensified it a bit. During the 2nd trimester I was almost euphoric. Greatest 3 months of my life. and the 3 trimester I was really weepy. (And I am sooo not a cryer)
    new_mom808

Answer by new_mom808 at 8:14 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I'm 24 weeks and I feel the same way. But towards my sister in law and her daughter, I feel bad for the baby not her lol. I can't stand her even when I am not pregnant, but I won't hold, touch or talk even make eye contact with her baby. I know that's wrong especially since we all live together! But I can't help it, I mean it's not to were I want to hit or hurt the baby not at all I much rather do that to her annoying mom.

cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 10:21 AM on Jul. 2, 2010