Contractions 2 min. apart but not dialated at all.

My friend is in the hospital now with contractions 2 min. apart but she's not dialated at all. Does this seem weird to anyone else? Do you think they'll do a c-section? Very confused my 2 were nothing like this.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:21 AM on Jul. 2, 2010 in Pregnancy

• i was doing the same thing when i was pregnant with my 2nd child (now 10 months) i was having regular contractions every 2-3 minutes apart being monitored in the hospital....and... GOT SENT HOME!! the dr didn't want to give me my c/s cause i was not dilated at all.. then at midnight that same night... after being in the hospital for 5 hrs.. my water broke and i had to wake my dr up to get to the hospital!!
    proudmommy690

Answer by proudmommy690 at 12:23 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Every person progresses in there own. She may or may not have to have a c-section. That would be up to her doctor.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 8:26 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• No you can start dilating very quickly. If she walks around it might happen faster.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 8:27 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• They might even send her home, if they stop and she doesn't dilate. If her contractions keep going I would think MAYBE not sure they might try pitocin to try and speed up the dilation if not then I would say she will have a C-Section. I think I've heard that someone women only dilate to a certain point and that's it.

cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 10:17 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• They may send her home if she is not dialting! It is possible for her to dialte very fast as well! It will be up to her and the Dr.
    cparra74

Answer by cparra74 at 2:04 PM on Jul. 2, 2010