Turning 21 tomorrow! :)

So tomorrow is my 21st birthday, just as the title implies. My husband has something really great planned for me, and that's all he has told me other than we're going out of town for a little while. I was just wondering if because my birthday falls on a Saturday and my license doesn't expire until 90 days after my 21st birthday, would it be legal for me to go out to a bar or club, or order a drink with my current ID that still says under 21 until 7-3-2010? And I don't know if this matters or not, but we live in Kentucky. I know other states have different rules regarding turning 21 and renewing their driver's licenses. Because if I can renew it today, then I'll do it today, but otherwise I'll have to wait until Monday to renew it.

I hope everyone was able to follow all of that. I only got like an hour or so of sleep last night. Anyway, thanks to anyone who answers! :D

meggera007

Asked by meggera007 at 8:25 AM on Jul. 2, 2010 in Just for Fun

• happy birthday

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 8:26 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• if you're 21, you're 21.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 8:27 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• besides, your license says 'under 21 until 7-3-2010'? that would be saturday..honey, you can go get yourself a drink at 1am saturday, if that's your desire.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 8:29 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• actually, right after midnight friday...
    dullscissors

• Yeah. I was just curious if it would matter or not if I used my current DL I just never knew how that worked really. Most of my friends that turned 21 recently had birthdays that fell on weekdays so they went and got their new ID that day.

meggera007

Comment by meggera007 (original poster) at 8:40 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Happy Birthday to you. Be safe and have fun!
    CaseyErin

Answer by CaseyErin at 8:42 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• You'll be fine as long as you wait until midnight...have fun, be safe :) If you renew today it will still say under 21 b/c you are ;) Atleast thats how they print them here in FL
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 8:51 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Thanks for the early birthday wishes! :)

Yeah, I'm definitely waiting until after midnight. I'll probably be sleeping really good since I haven't slept good the past couple of nights, but that's what being a mom consists of. My son will be with his Meme & Poppy tomorrow so that my wonderful hubby can take me out. And I'll definitely be safe. I'm pretty sure that's how it's done here in KY too. I don't know, I was just thinking about it and got really curious about it.
    meggera007

Comment by meggera007 (original poster) at 8:58 AM on Jul. 2, 2010