what do you recommend i do for my 6 month on the fourth?

i want to take my 6 month to the fireworks but i don't know if its going to be too loud.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:33 AM on Jul. 2, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I'm sure there is something you could find to cover his/her ears. Check on the internet.
    vnw1405

Answer by vnw1405 at 8:34 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I'd find some ear plugs, the soft kind you can mold to fit the baby's ears and make sure you are able to leave if it scares your little one too much.
    CaseyErin

Answer by CaseyErin at 8:38 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I took both of my boys their first summer. They were scared and it was loud I held one ear against my chest and covered the other tightly with my hand. This is up to you though you know your baby better than anyone
    CLewis1226

Answer by CLewis1226 at 8:38 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I brought my 6 month old last year and he loooved it. I put ear muffs on him.
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 8:39 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• idk..ear plugs sound good to me. you can always position yourself away from the crowds or main area, and still see the show, just in a quieter environment.
    my ds was asleep by the time fireworks started his first two july 4ths.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 8:40 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• We didn't take my son to the fire works his first 4th of July but he was only 4 months old. Instead we watched them from our living room window since we lived so close to where they let them off in our town. But we had his pictures taken in a couple cute little patriotic outfits, they turned out adorable.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 8:47 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• i took all my kids no matter there age and none of them were scared .if the baby gets scared just leave or cut it short
    britme1027

Answer by britme1027 at 9:23 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• The place we went to last year to watch the fireworks kind of sucked IMO because you were so far away from them that they weren't very big. The good part, though, is you could barely hear the boom. So if we do go, we'll go there this year. Maybe next year we'll find a better place, as long as I think she'll be fine with the loud booms.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 11:12 AM on Jul. 2, 2010