Did you hear Nancy Pelosi say?

The extended unemployment benefits are the best stimulus out there? If you think about how little they are really doing on the jobs effort I guess thats how they all feel. It all makes sense now..... Do you agree with her?

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 9:12 AM on Jul. 2, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• For all of this stimulus money they are passing out trying to get the economy going and saving people who are losing their jobs, they could have given EACH person in the United States something like $10,000. Why keep feeding money into a system that isn't going anywhere. I am not democrat or republican, just a U.S. citizen that is fed up with all of the red tape and ridiculous run around. Yes, I think the unemployed deserve benefits but it isn't creating jobs, we're putting a bandaid on a gushing wound. Lets figure this out already. If they would give each person that money instead, even the unemployed would benefit and it could really jump start this economy. Ok, I'll get off my soap box now.
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 9:19 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• As someone said earlier, we really need a study on how Botox affects the brain.

She was stupid long before botox.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 9:41 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• The woman is certifiable. I think the botox has finally done the trick.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:13 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Steph, imagine if unemployment hit 20%! WOW, that would really stimulate the economy! NOT.

As someone said earlier, we really need a study on how Botox affects the brain.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 9:33 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• She is losing her mind.
    Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 9:48 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• She is just about as deluded as PBO. Did you hear he said that we raised money to pay for the new statue being built! I guess he was speaking about the statue that was given as a gift to us by France to celebrate our Declaration of Independence? The one they raised $100,000 or so to build the pedestal? The poem "The Colossus" that as written let Europe know that we will give liberty to anyone it didn't want. It isn't about immigrants. It is about hope for freedom and liberty. He distorted this just like Nancy is living in some alternate quasi-universe.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 12:52 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Thats the answer just let them sit on there butts and make money. SHE IS A MORON!!

ladyluck1996

Answer by ladyluck1996 at 9:17 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• It's such a great stimulus they refuse to spend "job stimulus" earmarked money to pay for it.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:49 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I think if our government gets enough citizens on welfare and other subsidies, they will have essencially ENSLAVED the country. Our Founding Fathers would be furious at what is being allowed to happen!
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 1:21 PM on Jul. 2, 2010