Anon Q's and OP responces...

Not really feeling it's fair...If the OP decides to post anon due to the nature of the Q she can't give more info, update or defend herself if needed without giving herself away...Just thought of this. I don't think that's fair...

But_Mommie

Asked by But_Mommie at 9:20 AM on Jul. 2, 2010 in About CafeMom

• It isn't fair. I think they should do like they did with journals. When you post something anonymously, you can reply to it anonymously. Only the OP can do this and I think that is great. That way you can give more information without giving away who you are.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 11:53 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I didn't realize that but, I agree. I do like how the original posters question is seperate though so you always know when it's the OP responding to their own question.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 9:22 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• hadn't thought of that..
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:22 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I posted almost the SAME question yesterday!! It is ridiculous!
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 9:27 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Once you reach Level 16 and hit the area of Long Lecture you can post anonymously. In a way it is fair. There are way less snotty, rude replies. Also if you post a question anonymously and answer your question no one will no it is you unless you say you are the OP.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 9:28 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I hadn't thought of that either. Maybe there is a way that can be fixed as well so that the op can come back in without giving herself away. It kind of defeats the purpose.
    Codysmom2106

Answer by Codysmom2106 at 9:28 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Okay but level 16 is a long way away for some people especially new people. I understand the concept of making you earn anon rights in sanswering others questions but it seems unfair to say someone who has been here for a week can't ask a question about sex of something and then not be able to say anything else on that post. and to update, add info, or defend...yeah you need to know it's the OP. I do totally get why the anon rules were changed they just don't make sense in that kind of situation.
    But_Mommie

Comment by But_Mommie (original poster) at 9:31 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• itsall-Yeah that's true but it won't give away your screen name. That's what I hate about the new system. Some of us need real advice and you have to reach a certain level? I guess I better wait til I get to level 16 before asking a personal and difficult question. (rolling eyes)
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 9:33 AM on Jul. 2, 2010