antiques..any collectors here?

what do you typically look for or collect? do you haggle with the proprietor of the shop?
i'm buzzing around later, and i hope to find another cookie jar, or cake plate. i don't know why that's what i started out collecting, it just happened!

dullscissors

Asked by dullscissors at 9:51 AM on Jul. 2, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I collect antique perfume bottles. I have quite a few. My favorite is a short, round blue one with an atomizer. If I go to an antique store, I am always on the look out for a new bottle. I have a mirrored tray I keep them on. They are so beautiful and feminine. I also collect ladies hankies. The very dainty ones with the hand embroidery on them. I have a little collection going that I keep in a cut glass box.
    CaseyErin

Answer by CaseyErin at 9:55 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I do collect . Can't say if my stuff is that great. But I Love it! I've ran this tiny antique shop for a friend for 12 years. The thing is Its 15 miles from my house. It has no plumbing or decent heat/coolness for comfort. We sell things for cheap. Most times what we paid or less. But my friend hasn't made even rent money in years! So times are so tough! I have cookie jars, old kitchen utensils,, Coke items. I have an old Koken Barber Chair! DH calls a Boat anchor. Its heavy! I just buy and have things I like and can afford. Sitting there and helping my friend I took stuff in trade for doing it. Its not a paying job. I'm there 8 hours a week. I Love old linens and embroidered things Etc.. Hankies. Decorations anything that makes my heart sing!! As for haggling with shop owners.! I recall these dealers coming in during our 1/2 Price (loss) Sale. I asked them if I came into their shop if they'd give me a Deal? They said, NO!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 10:06 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• nice! i should've been attracted to something like that, because my collection really takes up space! must be the baker in me..
    dullscissors

Comment by dullscissors (original poster) at 9:59 AM on Jul. 2, 2010