Morning sickness after 15 weeks?

I am almost 16 weeks along and I am even more sick now than I was at the beginning of my pregnancy! I dont understand. I was very sick with my first child and then not as sick with my second. But this one has been horrible! I am taking phenagren and tried all the home remedies. Nothing is helping. I am still sick even with my meds. How long is this supposed to last when is lasts longer than normal? It has never lasted this long before.(atleast the vomiting has never lasted this long)
Any advice? How long were any of you sick?

tiredmomfor2

Asked by tiredmomfor2 at 10:01 AM on Jul. 2, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Both my first two kids I was sick the entire 9 months! This one.. it is on & off still & I'm 4 months.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 10:02 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I'm sorry, I have always heard saltine crackers worked? Have you tried that and ginge ale?
    cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 10:15 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• When i was preggy with my twins i was sick for the entire time I vomited from the minute i woke up till around 6 pm every single day my doc finally put me on zofran at 7 months and even that only worked a little bit i would only puke till around 3 pm
    Mom_o_twinboys

Answer by Mom_o_twinboys at 10:16 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Have you tried the sea bands?
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:51 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• With my boys, I was just sick in the mornings and for only a few weeks. When I was carrying my DD I threw up all the time, it lasted the first six months. I chewed peppermint gum, which helped a lot with the nausea.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 10:53 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I was sick the entire 9 months with both my 4th, and now my 5th pregnancies. During my 4th pregnancy I tried 4-5 different medications. The only one that helped was Nexium, so during my 5th that's what I started with when I hit the 4 month mark. I still throw up, but I'm down to only 1-2 times/week instead of daily.

Answer by missanc at 1:15 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• When I was pregnant with my DS, i puked every single day, the enitre 40 weeks. I'm now pregnant with my second (a girl_ and morning sickness didn't start up till I was about 10 weeks... I'm 26 weeks now and still going thru it, but not actually vomitting as much. I'm on Zofran and Phenergan and they help. Caffiene-free diet coke seems to help a ton, too! They say morning sickness usually goes away by week 13 and for sure week 19, but a few of us unlucky ones keep it longer. I hope you feel better soon!
    alc030

Answer by alc030 at 8:59 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• With Samuel my 2nd trimester was truly golden..but it's not the case for everyone. Hope your sickness lightens up soon!
    SparklingHope

Answer by SparklingHope at 10:14 AM on Jul. 3, 2010