Have you ever spoken to someone completely oblivious to the fact they were insulting you?

I spoke to someone who was it seemed a good person to know since our daughters had so much in common. But she was full of ideas about certain religions and people that it insulted me and got me angry because I know people like that.

Mommy2mj

Asked by Mommy2mj at 10:07 AM on Jul. 2, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I know a lot of people like that but I let them go I agree to disagree life is too good to be worried about people disagree with me.JMO
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 10:10 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I don't think anyone is oblivious. If someone is saying something insulting about any religion or race then they are just plain arrogant, ignorant and immature. That just shows their lack of any class what so ever. That is a trashy person. Especially to say those things to someone they are not completely familiar with. Any comments like this to acquaintances means she is very immature and uneducated as well. I would find another friend. Thus, no one is Oblivious. If something is said to you regarding you then it is just a straight insult. But take it from where it comes. From a dope!

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 10:15 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• lol - all the time. If it's someone that I have to deal with on a regular basis but that I don't have personal feelings for (a teacher, etc), then I will usually say something nicely but firmly. If it's a relative or someone else that I care about who's being obliviously ignorant, I try to remind myself that overall, they're a good person, but in this they're being ignorant (like now, a lot of family and friends are freaking out b/c our ds wants to enlist in the military - umm, hello! I'm a Vet and my dh hits 20 yrs Active Duty this month, yet they're asking why we're "letting him throw his wife away...") then I just try to let it go, or avoid that topic.

If it's someone that I don't have to deal with, then I'll usually do one of the following - shrug it off as ignorance and ignore it / them, or say something, then shrug it off / ignore it /them...

sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 10:17 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• that it was suppose to be that diagree with me. LOL
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 10:25 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Religeon, politics and abortions is a subject that I won't discuss with anyone.
    zbee

Answer by zbee at 5:16 PM on Jul. 4, 2010