migraines (:

The only remedy for a igraine I ever hear about is the pill, excedrin, or other pills. What r good foods or excersises to do onset of headache so u wnt have to drug ur self up!

elliebaby

Asked by elliebaby at 10:14 AM on Jul. 2, 2010 in Health

• Try some foods, like chocolate, peanuts, peanut butter or coffee. Sorry, I get them too and I have to say Excedrin migraine works better than my prescription meds.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 10:24 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I chew caffeinated gum and drink a soda and it helps. It's like a quick shot of caffeine. Wonderful!
    I feel your pain, I get them a lot too.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 10:36 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• The only thing that helped me when I used to get them was going to sleep for a nap. It hurt to put my head down, but if I could get to sleep then the headache would be less painful after the nap.

Also, I had them bad when I was pregnant and often it would make me sick to my stomach. After getting sick they went away. But I couldn't make myself sick, it had to happen naturally. It is the only time in my life that I was glad to get the symptoms of being sick...I knew the headache would be going away afterwards. it was crazy.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 10:42 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Do you take a magnesium supplement every day?

Most migraines are triggered by foods; try keeping a food diary. Typical triggers include nitrates, MSG, chocolate, nuts, vinegar, cheese

Answer by rkoloms at 11:46 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Nothing natural works for mine. I tried for a month to find something that worked. I finally couldn't take the pain anymore and got some prescription meds since Excedrin Migraine wasn't working for me either.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 11:47 AM on Jul. 2, 2010