Would you rather read the book or watch the movie? Why?

SuperrMommyy

Asked by SuperrMommyy at 10:23 AM on Jul. 2, 2010 in

• Read the book - more descriptive and I like to picture it in my head instead of someone else telling me what it is suppose to look like / sound like etc.
    Mommy_0f_many

Answer by Mommy_0f_many at 10:24 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• usually i would rather read the book because books generally contain more detail that is edited out to make a 2 hr movie. Also, screenwriters sometimes change the story so much, it doesn't come close to what the book was like.
    inkydorei

Answer by inkydorei at 10:25 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Read the book becauses books are always better.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 10:24 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Read the book cuz it makes you smarterz!
    AmazingAmanda

Answer by AmazingAmanda at 10:25 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Mommy of many, I know what you mean. I love the Women's Murder Club series by James Patterson and in the books Lindsey Boxer is a blonde and when they made it into a tv series, the actress is a brunette and looked very different than what I had imagined. Although, I loved the actress and the series, it was hard to watch the show because of all the differences.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 10:27 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Read the book, I am more comfortable with a book. I like to read before I go to sleep.
    Mommy2mj

Answer by Mommy2mj at 10:25 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Book.. They are always way better then the movie. But I would end up watching the movie to see how someone else pictured things.
    Claudiomom

Answer by Claudiomom at 10:25 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Read the book. There is always more detail in the book. Plus you get the character's thoughts when you read the book, something that movies just don't convey very well. There are usually more subplots in books, too. And there is more character development. Books aren't constrained by time limits like movies are.
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 10:27 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Book! I've never seen a movie adaptation of a book that I like. I really want to see The Lovely Bones. But I love that book so much, I'm scared the movie will just ruin it!
    jedwards2009

Answer by jedwards2009 at 10:27 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Watch a movie lol, I don't have time to read. I can't remember the last time I read a book, I think it was like 5 years ago or so.
    cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 10:30 AM on Jul. 2, 2010