pitocin induction?

I was wondering how many of you that got induced ended up having a c section?

whitenena

Asked by whitenena at 10:26 AM on Jul. 2, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I was induced and did not have a c section. Actually I don't know anyone whose had to have a c section and I know lots of people that were induced.
    AmazingAmanda

Answer by AmazingAmanda at 10:28 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Well me and two of my friends were induced and had c sections one was induced and had a natural birth so i was just wondering.
    whitenena

Comment by whitenena (original poster) at 10:30 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I was induced but did not have a c-section. I will say after having one induction and one natural, I would recommend avoiding pitocin if at all possible.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 10:30 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I know 4 people, all younger ladies and were also my cousins that were induced and had c-sections recently. I would avoid it at all costs. I tried to tell them all to wait and that 3 days or so is not overdue, but nope, they didn't listen.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:35 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I was induced because of pre-eclampsia. It failed to start labor, so I was sent home. Three weeks later, I was induced again. 12 hours into it, my baby's heart rated dropped. I was barely dilated, so we had a c-section.

Unless you NEED to be induced for your health or the baby's health, I suggest let nature take its course.
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 10:35 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I have been induced 3 times. Once with cytotek, twice with pitocin and haven't had to have a c section. I think if you have a natural birth first then it hightens the chance of a successful induction. I have never seen scientific evidence it is just by what I have seen.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 10:35 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I was induced with my first two babies. I'd say both were heading towards c-section. I had a bad doctor the first go around. finally gave in an epidural which caused me to relax and had the baby 15 minutes later.
    my second I had a good doctor and he shut the pitocin off when her heart rate started decelerating.
    SandraRh

Answer by SandraRh at 10:36 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I was induced at 41 weeks 2 days, I was dialted to 4 cm and was fully effaced, just no contractions yet, and I did not have to have a csection. My sister went into labor on her own and had to have a csection cuz baby was under stress. It just depends.
    Flippindadaisie

Answer by Flippindadaisie at 10:38 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I was induced and had a c-section but it turns out I would of had to have a c-section anyways no matter if I was induced or not.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 10:41 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I was pitocin induced and did not have a c-section.
    PotterMom218

Answer by PotterMom218 at 10:42 AM on Jul. 2, 2010