I am thinking about going back to college. Is there financial aid to help pay for college and my household bills?

ladybug0614

Asked by ladybug0614 at 10:42 AM on Jul. 2, 2010 in

• Loans and the Pell Grant.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 10:44 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Go to FAFSA online and read deatils. Also, go to the financial aid office of the school(s) you are considering. They have TONS of information. You may have to do it with loans but then you have years to pay them back. Good luck
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 10:45 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• If you go to www.fafsa.ed.gov I think it is there should be some information about student loans and grants that are available and what you would qualify for based on your families income. The earlier you apply the more that is available to you. Also the financial aid advisor at what ever college you want to attend would be able to help you as well. Good Luck.
    Codysmom2106

Answer by Codysmom2106 at 10:46 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Yes choose which college you want to attend and apply for FAFSA and once you apply they will determine what you are able to get such as pell grants (which you dont pay back) and student loans (which do not go off your credit score). If you are a single mom look on the internet for help here is a great website singlemom.com they have help for everything! GL It is great that you want to go back to school, go for it!!!
    mrsmamaj

Answer by mrsmamaj at 10:46 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I got a loan through Sallie Mae, which I just paid off this past june!!!
    Well I was given the $1, 800.00 that was not put towards my education. The school had to send me a check. Which was considered the portion that I was suppose to use for living expenses. It was all included in the amount I had to pay back.
    Mommy2mj

Answer by Mommy2mj at 10:47 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Now that I think of it, I went to the school and they had me fill out a FAFSA form to begin with.
    Mommy2mj

Answer by Mommy2mj at 10:52 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Everyone can get student loans. Other financial aid depends on your income.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 11:08 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• http://www.fastweb.com/

Make an appointment with the finacial aid office of the university you wish to attend.

Answer by rkoloms at 11:40 AM on Jul. 2, 2010