Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

I am thinking about going back to college. Is there financial aid to help pay for college and my household bills?

Answer Question

Asked by ladybug0614 at 10:42 AM on Jul. 2, 2010 in

Level 9 (314 Credits)
Answers (8)
  • Loans and the Pell Grant.

    Answer by matthewscandi at 10:44 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

  • Go to FAFSA online and read deatils. Also, go to the financial aid office of the school(s) you are considering. They have TONS of information. You may have to do it with loans but then you have years to pay them back. Good luck

    Answer by elizabr at 10:45 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

  • If you go to I think it is there should be some information about student loans and grants that are available and what you would qualify for based on your families income. The earlier you apply the more that is available to you. Also the financial aid advisor at what ever college you want to attend would be able to help you as well. Good Luck.

    Answer by Codysmom2106 at 10:46 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

  • Yes choose which college you want to attend and apply for FAFSA and once you apply they will determine what you are able to get such as pell grants (which you dont pay back) and student loans (which do not go off your credit score). If you are a single mom look on the internet for help here is a great website they have help for everything! GL It is great that you want to go back to school, go for it!!!

    Answer by mrsmamaj at 10:46 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

  • I got a loan through Sallie Mae, which I just paid off this past june!!!
    Well I was given the $1, 800.00 that was not put towards my education. The school had to send me a check. Which was considered the portion that I was suppose to use for living expenses. It was all included in the amount I had to pay back.

    Answer by Mommy2mj at 10:47 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

  • Now that I think of it, I went to the school and they had me fill out a FAFSA form to begin with.

    Answer by Mommy2mj at 10:52 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

  • Everyone can get student loans. Other financial aid depends on your income.

    Answer by andrea96 at 11:08 AM on Jul. 2, 2010


    Make an appointment with the finacial aid office of the university you wish to attend.


    Answer by rkoloms at 11:40 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.