Thoughts???

http://www.cnn.com/2010/OPINION/06/24/chrisler.gay.parents/index.html?iref=allsearch

Asked by older at 10:42 AM on Jul. 2, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

Level 69 (2,285,492 Credits)
  • I say LET THEM ADOPT! LET THEM MARRY! LET THEM BE HAPPY! Why should I be so d**n special and allowed to do these things just because I'm straight? That's stupidity at it's finest.
    Please see the journal post I wrote about this only days ago. :)
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 10:47 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Growing up, I had gay people all around me. I have an uncle who is gay, one of my mom's closest friend is gay and my Dad's best friend's son is gay. Uncle Scott and Uncle Anthony living together was just as normall as Uncle Bob and Aunt Jane living together. I did not even know that some people considered this type of arrangement wrong until I was in Jr. High.
    Just because someone is gay, does not mean that they are any less of a person. It does not make them evil. It does not make them unfit. They are still very caring indivduals. They should not be discriminated against in adoptions. There are plenty of heterosexual couples out there that are screwing up their kids big time, yet CPS does nothing about it because they are the biological children of these people, yet two young women, who are sucessful, happy, and mentally stable can't have a child because they are gay? Mixed up priorities if you ask me.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 10:54 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Many gays are willing to adopt the kids nobody else wants because they aren't babies. Why leave them to foster care when a couple is willing to give them loving homes?
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 11:11 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Let a happy person or couple with love and a healthy environment to share have a family.
    Mommy2mj

Answer by Mommy2mj at 10:56 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• let them have the same freedom that this oh so great country as given all of us. who is it hurting if they marry and have children? my sister is gay and she is "married" and has been for like 16 years. i think if it became legal here they would finally do it. i know they aren't having kids or anything but why not let gay people have the same irritations the rest of us do? lol
    mom_on_strike

Answer by mom_on_strike at 11:09 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• That's stupidity at it's finest !!!! let them have the same freedom our great country as given all of us . Gay or straight we are all still very caring indivduals. Older my friend love ya much and this is a great post.
    MTM

Answer by MTM at 12:52 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• older

Comment by older (original poster) at 10:43 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• http://www.cafemom.com/journals/read/1607284/WHY_are_people_so_scared_of_HOMOSEXUALITY
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 10:48 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• You know my thoughts so I will bump this for ya.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 11:50 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• A lot of it has to do with a fundamental misunderstanding of what it means to be gay.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 1:30 PM on Jul. 2, 2010